Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Mirages for sale in SLC

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Two Mirages for sale in SLC

One is down the street from my home, 14 or 15, blue, (not sure trans) with 55k miles on it for $5500. Other is a 2018 G4 manual in black with 18k miles for 8k at the dealership I work at.

If anyone is in the area and needs a deal...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMfan92 View Post
    One is down the street from my home, 14 or 15, blue, (not sure trans) with 55k miles on it for $5500. Other is a 2018 G4 manual in black with 18k miles for 8k at the dealership I work at.

Why buy used when you can buy new

https://www.harrismitsubishi.com/sea...md=4364&tp=new

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Alright you win. But I already have one

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Just a fyi -

2014 Mirage has an antenna located at the front of the roof.

2015+ Mirage has an antenna located at the rear of the roof.

It would be interesting to compare the OTD prices of the used 2018 Mirage to a new one shared by inuvik.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

You know whats funny? There's an LDS church in my area and everytime I drive by I see a couple of Mirages parked there lol. I guess the Mormons see the value in a Mirage when doing their door to door operations. Good for them.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is incredible. And I thought I got a deal on mine in 2017!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    That is incredible. And I thought I got a deal on mine in 2017!
    If you're after a 5 speed manual G4 it would be pretty tough to find a better deal than that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    If you're after a 5 speed manual G4 it would be pretty tough to find a better deal than that.
    After seeing your post, I emailed them about this car and had them write up their best cash deal. It was a joke!

The $4600 discount became $2600, and they tacked on NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS in licensing fees. Also, the tax on this car seems to be about 15%, for some reason.

I called them out on all of this, and haven't heard back yet.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    After seeing your post, I emailed them about this car and had them write up their best cash deal. It was a joke!

The $4600 discount became $2600, and they tacked on NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS in licensing fees. Also, the tax on this car seems to be about 15%, for some reason.

I called them out on all of this, and haven't heard back yet.
    So if I understand correctly, this is a new Mirage sitting unsold on the dealer's lot for two years.

I attached a couple of Monroney stickers for reference & comparison. Click on the links below to view.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Images Attached Images

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    So if I understand correctly, this is a new Mirage sitting unsold on the dealer's lot for two years.

I attached a couple of Monroney stickers for reference & comparison. Click on the links below to view.
    Yes. This particular '19 G4 is more heavily discounted than all of the others. It has a very low VIN and a low stock number, which to me suggests they have had it on their lot for a long time. Probably one of the first '19 G4s off of the boat. What I assume is their 'partner' dealership in Seattle has many unsold 2018 Mirage hatches as well. I use the term 'partner' because the pictures of their inventory have graphics for both dealerships. Between the two of them, there are about 20 2018-2019 Mirages and G4s on their lots.

If these are the kinds of tactics they use...vanishing discounts and obscene fees...I am not surprised they have so many unsold cars. They even have a new 2017 Outlander Sport with a 5-speed! They advertise it at about $12k, but it would probably wind up being $17k once they are done with all of their bullsh!t shenanigans.

Not saying $10,500 is a terrible cash deal for last year's G4, but certainly not what is advertised. These guys seem to be preying on the unsuspecting and people with bad credit, which, unfortunately, is exactly how Mitsubishi is stereotyped by car critics nowadays. To be fair, I was offered the car for $9,500 if I were to finance it through them.

Too early to write them off as sh!tweasels yet, but we will see if I hear back. I really would consider buying this car if they could get it near what they advertise it for. I am not trading anything in (plus $1,000) and am not military (plus $500), so I lose $1,500 in discounts off of their price. But I am financing (minus $1,000) and am a current Mitsubishi owner (minus $750), so that would give me another $1,750 in discounts.

If they were shooting me straight, I would get this car for LESS than they are advertising it for.