Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Two Mirages for sale in SLC

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You're looking @ $8,462/$16,095 = 52.58% of window sticker price. If the sales tax & license fees are appropriate for where you live, it's really hard to argue against this deal. The other small fees seem very appropriate.

I don't think that I would settle for a sedan, but that's just personal preference on my part. The only thing extra a 2020 G4 would give you is automatic climate controls.
    I had one of the little Geo Metro sedans back in the early 2000s. I really liked that car. Sold it to my brother, who had it for a couple months before getting t-boned in it by a drunk woman driving a Hyundai Accent. The Mirage sedan looks to be everything that car was. Had the G4 been available in late 2014, I almost certainly would have picked it over the hatch.

The manual transmission stopped being an option on the G4s for 2020. The only reason I am interested in this car is the fact it's a manual, which is also probably the reason it is so cheap.

Last edited by Cobrajet; 07-26-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    . The manual transmission stopped being an option on the G4s for 2020. The only reason I am interested in this car is the fact it's a manual, which is also probably the reason it is so cheap.
    Where did you hear the manual option was dropped in 2020?

You can build a 2020 G4 with a manual transmission on the Mitsubishi website.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/build...ETALLIC/A01/GM

Dealers have 2020 G4 manuals. They aren't common, but they seem to exist.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6442/overview/

There is nothing wrong with preferring a sedan over a hatchback.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-27-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I had one of the little Geo Metro sedans back in the early 2000s. I really liked that car. Sold it to my brother, who had it for a couple months before getting t-boned in it by a drunk woman driving a Hyundai Accent. The Mirage sedan looks to be everything that car was. Had the G4 been available in late 2014, I almost certainly would have picked it over the hatch.

The manual transmission stopped being an option on the G4s for 2020. The only reason I am interested in this car is the fact it's a manual, which is also probably the reason it is so cheap.
    Yeah I find myself driving our G4 more than my hatch. The blind spots and sightline is just better. Not to mention the upgraded seats from 2017 on, big trunk, and it has more rear passenger leg room than a Nissan Altima.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Yeah I find myself driving our G4 more than my hatch. The blind spots and sightline is just better. Not to mention the upgraded seats from 2017 on, big trunk, and it has more rear passenger leg room than a Nissan Altima.
    That's a good comparison that you can only get from someone who has the long-time experience of driving both. Thanks for this insight Dirk.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Where did you hear the manual option was dropped in 2020?

You can build a 2020 G4 with a manual transmission on the Mitsubishi website.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/build...ETALLIC/A01/GM

Dealers have 2020 G4 manuals. They aren't common, but they seem to exist.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6442/overview/

There is nothing wrong with preferring a sedan over a hatchback.
    I thought Mitsubishi had announced it before the '20 model year began as one of the changes for the car, but I guess I am happily wrong! Long live the manual! Apparently, there was a lot of misinformation about these cars going around before they came out. From cars.com, July 12th, 2019...

"The 2020 Mirage G4 is also ceasing to offer the ES Package, which was available on the 2019 MY. However, the subcompact car is adding a new LE trim as an option. A couple style changes are also occurring on the 2020 Mirage G4. The front grille has a new design and the Mirage G4 badge is moving to the left side of the trunk’s rear."

You can see by the Monroney on the car you linked that it is clearly an ES, but the badging did move from right to left. The '20s also got what is apparently a one-year only grille (which I LIKE), and auto climate control became re-standardized.

Other than these few things, the '19s and '20s are clones. I will take the 48% discount!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh... I know what they're talking about. There was a package for the ES that was an upgrade to give the car alloy wheels and Apple Carplay/Android Auto audio system. That's all.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...