Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jalopnik - The Case for the Mitsubishi Mirage

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    And I'll say this, there is a major recession looming. Cheap cars will come back in vogue. Ford is really going to be missing out. I suspect there will be a Nissan rebadge for the Mirage in the next 5 years. Which I would buy as long as its powertrain was still Mitsubishi. Think Plymouth Laser or Eagle Talon.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    If the Internet car enthusiast community actually bought and owned the cars that they claimed to like, Mazda will be selling a lot more cars than they actually do now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alpha_One For This Useful Post:

javensbukan (07-17-2020),timw4mail (07-17-2020)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Smile The Case for the Mitsubishi Mirage

Just made a comment on this! Lolz.

https://jalopnik.com/the-case-for-th...age-1844397739
    Last edited by Eggman; 07-17-2020 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Moved this post from its own thread to the discussion already in progress.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    99% of the comments were from non-owners. Toss in a few liars that claim they had a rental for fake validity. I dont believe Hertz or Enterprise bought alot of these over the years at all. I never see them in their lots and the highway I live off of has multiple dealerships, towing, rental places, you name it. Nissan dwarfs Mitsu in rental sales by far I bet.
    Wouldn't it be funny if your two Mirages were both retired rentals?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I put up a pic of Steve's odometer in the comments section (hope that is okay, Steve!). That ought to pucker their little sphincters.

Not too many cars making it to an easy 300k anymore.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-17-2020),TJ18CVT (07-17-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if your two Mirages were both retired rentals?
    Doubt it, considering they were both purchased at Mitsubishi dealerships and I got strong maintenance records. The G4 could of been a loaner car though.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I put up a pic of Steve's odometer in the comments section (hope that is okay, Steve!). That ought to pucker their little sphincters.

Not too many cars making it to an easy 300k anymore.

300000 Miles! (482000 Km) Wowza.

That's like taxi level usage.

On a side note, friend was looking at a Used & New Subaru Impreza Wagons, so we went down to the local dealership to have a look.

Is it just me or are Subaru's wildly overrated (at least now a days)?

The interior was very nice and comfortable when I sat in it (Holy sea of buttons batman!), but the rear hatch lid that covers the license plate light wasn't even fully *stuck* on the back of the car fully... it was coming off on one side like some 1980s GM Product.

I checked others to make sure it wasn't just a lemon, but nope, most of the 2020 Impreza's had the same issue. Inside the hatch lid, the cover and handle that is on the trunk is also super mega flimsy and poorly fitted.

If someone was dropping almost $24-28000 on a new car, at least you could make sure the body molding isn't falling off.

Shame because my old '97 Subaru Impreza was built extraordinarily well.
    Last edited by javensbukan; 07-17-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Get out of here with that bad take. Spend a week behind the wheel of a Mirage and get back to us. I'm driving a Mazda2 because small cars are rad, but the Mirage just sucks.
    My friend has a Mazda 2. Fun little car, but man that thing is cramped! And of course the Mirage is cheaper and still gets better fuel economy despite the Mazda having the Sky Active whizz bang engine tech.

The Mirage has excellent interior space and only the Honda Jazz (Fit) really beats it in that respect. If only it weren't 50% more expensive that's the car I would have ended up buying.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    My friend has a Mazda 2. Fun little car, but man that thing is cramped! And of course the Mirage is cheaper and still gets better fuel economy despite the Mazda having the Sky Active whizz bang engine tech.

The Mirage has excellent interior space and only the Honda Jazz (Fit) really beats it in that respect. If only it weren't 50% more expensive that's the car I would have ended up buying.
    Yeah same here Re: The Fit.

At the time I bought my Mirage, The cheapest Fit I could find that didn't have insane Kms were almost $18-20000 CAD (somehow!?).

Meanwhile, the Mirage I ended up with cost $10900 CAD.

The Magic seats on the Fit are pretty neat stuff.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by javensbukan View Post
    Yeah same here Re: The Fit.

At the time I bought my Mirage, The cheapest Fit I could find that didn't have insane Kms were almost $18-20000 CAD (somehow!?).

Meanwhile, the Mirage I ended up with cost $10900 CAD.

The Magic seats on the Fit are pretty neat stuff.
    Here in my town, the Honda dealer isn't offering more than about $300 off the MSRP on a new CVT Fit. Hard to get into one for much under $18,000.

Meanwhile, there is a Mitsubishi dealer on the other side of the state offering new Mirages with the CVT for $12,998.

On some vehicles nowadays, $5,000 is the price of an options package. And $3,500 is the price of a special paint color. But that is a BIG difference in price for somebody shopping this end of the market. Of course the Fit is nicer...it is also 40% more expensive!