Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North America To Receive Facelifted Mirage

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I don't think we'll see demand for small cars go up.

With companies encouraging buyers to stretch car loans to 72 or 84 (or even 96) months, the difference in monthly payment between a Fit (cancelled) and a Civic, or between a Yaris (cancelled) and a Corolla is negligible.
    I totally agree. I wrote a bit about it the other day: http://www.subcompactculture.com/202...r-die-off.html

Subcompacts no longer sold in the U.S.:
    Fit
    Yaris
    Mazda2
    ForTwo
    Fiesta
    Sonic
    Probably others I'm missing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Prototype Yellow!

Photo caption says a "prototype US model" shown.
    Other markets have gotten that yellow since Day One. If it is the same yellow, anyway.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    So the takeaway from that press release is that we won't be seeing the 2021 Mirage this year.

I wonder if they will continue production of 2020 Mirages until the end of this calendar year...like they did in 2015.
    I was wondering this very same thing. Either they may extend '20 MY production or reduced global demand may mean current production levels will cover supply until Q1 2021? Will be interesting.

I gotta say...if they do a $3,500 rebate on the '20s like they did on the '15s then I will be first in line!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I was wondering this very same thing. Either they may extend '20 MY production or reduced global demand may mean current production levels will cover supply until Q1 2021? Will be interesting.

I gotta say...if they do a $3,500 rebate on the '20s like they did on the '15s then I will be first in line!
    Well, you're a part of that discussion about Harris Mitsubishi in the "for sale" section. I know it looks like they're more expensive than $7,400 (for a new 2018). But I'd bet you could get it for just over $8k.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Well, you're a part of that discussion about Harris Mitsubishi in the "for sale" section. I know it looks like they're more expensive than $7,400 (for a new 2018). But I'd bet you could get it for just over $8k.
    $8,000?

Did you see the posts (#8 & 9) in the other thread?

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...or-sale-in-SLC

They aren't offering anything special for a deal in my opinion.

List price means nothing these days. Silly add on charges require asking for the OTD price on a vehicle.

Can someone get a new Mirage for $8,000-9,000 (under $10,000 OTD) today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    $8,000?

Did you see the posts (#8 & 9) in the other thread?

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...or-sale-in-SLC

They aren't offering anything special for a deal in my opinion.

List price means nothing these days. Silly add on charges require asking for the OTD price on a vehicle.

Can someone get a new Mirage for $8,000-9,000 (under $10,000 OTD) today?
    Yes, I saw the thread. I'm just saying with negotiation you'd think you might be able to talk them down. I dunno. Maybe that new 2018 model is simply a bait-and-switch. I read the thread, but if their site says $8,972 before their trade-in / military discounts, I'd assume I'd be able to get it for that (maybe $8,000 is a pipe dream). We have no sales tax in Oregon, so that shouldn't matter. I suppose there would be title/license fees.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Yes, I saw the thread. I'm just saying with negotiation you'd think you might be able to talk them down. I dunno. Maybe that new 2018 model is simply a bait-and-switch. I read the thread, but if their site says $8,972 before their trade-in / military discounts, I'd assume I'd be able to get it for that (maybe $8,000 is a pipe dream). We have no sales tax in Oregon, so that shouldn't matter. I suppose there would be title/license fees.
    All you have to do email them & ask how much money does it take to drive away with a new Mirage?

If they are unwilling to share that, I highly doubt we are looking at a great deal here.

Visiting a Mitsubishi dealership didn't get me the best deal. It offered a test drive, however.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I bet inquiring about a G4 could get an OTD price since theyre not moving alot.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I bet inquiring about a G4 could get an OTD price since theyre not moving alot.
    I wouldn't hesitate to get the OTD price of any vehicle @ any dealership. If you have the intention of buying something, you have the right to know what it will cost you. Even if you are just toying with the thought of buying something, it's not an unreasonable request to make.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The last three vehicles I bought were used and all were 100% done virtually until I went and picked them up. They were all from either small dealers, importers, or private parties, however. I've never dealt with a factory-backed dealership to buy a car (then again, the last new car I bought was my '17 Mirage).