Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do you think Mirage's CVT has less reported failures than Nissan's?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, "they don't make them like they used to" is spot on! lf you are looking for a older yaris or fit...make sure it starts with a J in the Vin as the Japanese made last longer than any other....that's why l looked at buying a Scion TC (Toyota Camry Coupe) before l bought my Mirage...but all the ones l found had oil consumption issues...or were gone by the time l got there

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Are you doing gig work in your Mirage? If not, then you'll only be putting on avg 10k miles a year. Thats 5 to 10 years of driving. Im doing instacart on my 2014 part time so Im avg 30k miles a year so Im hoping for another 5 years but anything over that and its a blessing.
    I am not right now but I might soon. The economy is so unpredictable right now. You said you’ve done Uber in your Mirage right? Did you ever have a car full of heavy passengers? If so, how did the car handle?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Yeah, "they don't make them like they used to" is spot on! lf you are looking for a older yaris or fit...make sure it starts with a J in the Vin as the Japanese made last longer than any other....that's why l looked at buying a Scion TC (Toyota Camry Coupe) before l bought my Mirage...but all the ones l found had oil consumption issues...or were gone by the time l got there
    I didn’t realize Scion was discontinued. I remember all my cool friends had one back in the day.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to newtomit For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (07-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    I didn’t realize Scion was discontinued. I remember all my cool friends had one back in the day.
    Yeah, Scion was discontinued in 2016 and the scion IM was rebadged to the Toyota Corolla hatch...the Scion IA was rebadged to the Toyota Yaris...which is actually a Mazda 2 with a Toyota badge....all good cars...but sadly Toyota is not making the Yaris/Mazda 2...but they will probably bring it back if gas prices go up...when l narrowed my choice of which new car to get it-it came between the
    1.) Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback
    2.) Toyota Yaris/Mazda 2 Hatchback
    3.) Kia Rio Hatchback
    The Kia had a new engine and a new transmission which is why l don't buy a new car with new tech in it. The Toyota Yaris Hatchback was nice but in it's first year of production as a hatchback and had all the safety tech that l didn't want as well...then l did research on the Mitsubishi Mirage, found out that 2020 was the last year before their re-design, plus it had a 5-speed manual and no safety tech...and is small enough for me to work on so l went with that...ironically l watched Pryme's/Mr. M's video on a Honest Review of a Mitsubishi Mirage and that's how he helped me decide to buy the Mirage and find this forum

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-26-2020),Mark (07-26-2020),MetroMPG (07-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Yeah, Scion was discontinued in 2016 and the scion IM was rebadged to the Toyota Corolla hatch...the Scion IA was rebadged to the Toyota Yaris...which is actually a Mazda 2 with a Toyota badge....all good cars...but sadly Toyota is not making the Yaris/Mazda 2...but they will probably bring it back if gas prices go up...when l narrowed my choice of which new car to get it-it came between the
    1.) Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback
    2.) Toyota Yaris/Mazda 2 Hatchback
    3.) Kia Rio Hatchback
    The Kia had a new engine and a new transmission which is why l don't buy a new car with new tech in it. The Toyota Yaris Hatchback was nice but in it's first year of production as a hatchback and had all the safety tech that l didn't want as well...then l did research on the Mitsubishi Mirage, found out that 2020 was the last year before their re-design, plus it had a 5-speed manual and no safety tech...and is small enough for me to work on so l went with that...ironically l watched Pryme's/Mr. M's video on a Honest Review of a Mitsubishi Mirage and that's how he helped me decide to buy the Mirage and find this forum
    I think Pryme's video has helped sell a few Mirages to forum members including myself. Ironically, Pryme is the one who is no longer driving a Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think Pryme's video has helped sell a few Mirages to forum members including myself. Ironically, Pryme is the one who is no longer driving a Mirage.
    Even if l sold my Mirage and got a Kia/other vehicle-l'd still hang around...this is a great forum where l truly feel like everyone is very respectable and kind

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Even if l sold my Mirage and got a Kia/other vehicle-l'd still hang around...this is a great forum where l truly feel like everyone is very respectable and kind
    Pryme sold both of his Mirages, & he sticks around. MetroMPG & Daox started this forum long before owning a Mirage themselves.

I hope to own a Mirage for a very long time, but it will never be my only vehicle.

I agree. It's a very nice forum. I appreciate everyone on here!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (07-26-2020)

I don't know how long I'll keep mine. It's the newest lowest mileage car I've ever owned and requires only a few oil changes a year. And it's paid for. Unless I buy a hybrid or full electric I'll likely keep the Mirage til something blows up then decide whether it's worth the effort to fix it if low mileage parts are still plentiful by then.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)