Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you think Mirage's CVT has less reported failures than Nissan's?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Dirk & you should form a support group for CVT owners.
    Seeing that other owners aren't as concerned as we are, we might need to find a support group to join

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    Seeing that other owners aren't as concerned as we are, we might need to find a support group to join
    Speaking for myself, I deal with CVT concerns by buying manual vehicles only.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Fummins has a large Mirage fleet of like 30 units. I think only 3 have given him issues. All the 2015s are probably at or over 200k miles. The odds are in our favor, with diligent maintenance, of hitting that and more.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Fummins has a large Mirage fleet of like 30 units. I think only 3 have given him issues. All the 2015s are probably at or over 200k miles. The odds are in our favor, with diligent maintenance, of hitting that and more.
    This thread got me worried https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-read-this-one
    But even at 145k, that's still 80k more to go on my car, and still more than the 60k I hope for

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This thread got me worried https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-read-this-one
    But even at 145k, that's still 80k more to go on my car, and still more than the 60k I hope for
    The cars in that fleet are delivery vehicles driven by individuals that don't own or pay for the service done on them. Those cars probably see harder use than your average Mirage owner, but with proper maintenance they have done quite well, overall.

I would listen to Dirk. I believe he's overcome his CVT anxiety.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I believe he's overcome his CVT anxiety.
    Can one ever overcome CVT anxiety

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Can one ever overcome CVT anxiety
    Are you doing gig work in your Mirage? If not, then you'll only be putting on avg 10k miles a year. Thats 5 to 10 years of driving. Im doing instacart on my 2014 part time so Im avg 30k miles a year so Im hoping for another 5 years but anything over that and its a blessing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Are you doing gig work in your Mirage? If not, then you'll only be putting on avg 10k miles a year. Thats 5 to 10 years of driving. Im doing instacart on my 2014 part time so Im avg 30k miles a year so Im hoping for another 5 years but anything over that and its a blessing.
    Here's a Toyota dealership selling a 2010 4-door Yaris with 431,070 miles, & they are advertising it as super reliable. In all honesty, the car looks good for its age/mileage. This is a car that would have averaged 43,000 miles/year, & I will point out that it is a 5-speed manual.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8989/overview/

My point is today's cars should last a long time if taken care of. Obviously, manual transmissions can have problems, too. If a transmission can't last the lifetime of the vehicle, I would not be all that impressed with the car. I really don't care what brand it is.

Overall, Fummins' fleet of cars has done well, & that is promising for CVT owners.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-25-2020),MirageRally (07-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's a Toyota dealership selling a 2010 4-door Yaris with 431,070 miles, & they are advertising it as super reliable. In all honesty, the car looks good for its age/mileage. This is a car that would have averaged 43,000 miles/year, & I will point out that it is a 5-speed manual.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8989/overview/

My point is today's cars should last a long time if taken care of. Obviously, manual transmissions can have problems, too. If a transmission can't last the lifetime of the vehicle, I would not be all that impressed with the car. I really don't care what brand it is.

Overall, Fummins' fleet of cars has done well, & that is promising for CVT owners.
    Awesome to see a yaris with such high mileage...like you said, "How well the vehicle is maintained. l know my uncle had a 06 Kia Sedona he bought new and that went to 420,000miles! Original engine and trans...l also know a friend who bought a kia optima that went through 3 transmissions....it's how well it's maintained.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Awesome to see a yaris with such high mileage...like you said, "How well the vehicle is maintained. l know my uncle had a 06 Kia Sedona he bought new and that went to 420,000miles! Original engine and trans...l also know a friend who bought a kia optima that went through 3 transmissions....it's how well it's maintained.
    Some engine &/or transmissions have issues regardless. That's for sure!

My neighbor is 800 miles shy of 500,000 miles on his Dodge Dakota V8. I saw him today at his son's graduation party & asked. I know someone else who was on their 3 transmission before reaching 55,000 miles on their Dodge Ram truck.

I sort of liked the proven powertrains of some of the older vehicles. I did some major searching on this forum before buying a Mirage. Otherwise, I probably would have bought a used Yaris or Fit.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (07-25-2020)