Thread: Valve stem help? (TPMS model)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Valve stem help? (TPMS model)

I was reading through Top_Fuel’s post about tpms and that our cars take the VS-90 valve stems. I bought new wheels and need new valve stems but autozone and advance auto both say that the vs-90 is incompatible with my vehicle and I need to get these Schrader stems. I have a 2017 mirage es. Any help would be appreciated.
    https://www.autozone.com/engine-mana...30642_0_220059

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I just went to AutoZone's website and they flat-out have the wrong valve stem listed for the Mirage.

Here's a pic below... You want the valve stem on the LEFT...it has a metal 'barb' on the end that the TPMS sensors clip on to.

If you are re-using your factory TPMS sensors, these are the valve stems you want.

The valve stem on the right (with the screw) is for Schrader branded TPMS sensors. Your OEM TPMS sensors will not attach to these stems.

Name:  valvestems.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  50.9 KB
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 07-29-2020 at 01:37 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-28-2020),MetroMPG (07-29-2020),OrcaNinja (07-28-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I just went to AutoZone's website and they flat-out have the wrong valve stem listed for the Mirage.

Here's a pic below... You want the valve stem on the LEFT...it has a metal 'barb' on the end that the TPMS sensors clip on to.

If you are re-using your factory TPMS sensors, these are the valve stems you want.

The valve stem on the right (with the screw) are for Schrader branded TPMS sensors. Your OEM TPMS sensors will not attach to these stems.

Name:  valvestems.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  50.9 KB
    Ok thank you so much. Autozone, advance, and o’reilly all had the wrong one then.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OrcaNinja For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-29-2020)