Friend from my college years (Have remained friends for 20 years) Honda CRV timing chain broke and destroyed the engine. Pistons. (Well I heard a noise but decided to ignore it and keep driving 150 miles) She gave the CRV free to her mechanic and was deciding replacement options. As with most people money is tight but insists on something new, cuv/suv, out of her price range... I suggested a Outlander Sport.

Suggested sell the CRV: body, interior, and everything else was in good to excellent condition she easily would get 1k-3k.

Heard via text when she passed ownership to the mechanic so I asked on the replacement she said (well I researched and Mitsubishi’s are really unreliable, junk vehicles, that are not safe at any speed. My parents researched with me (she’s 39 btw) and they feel I would throw all my money away purchasing any Mitsubishi.) So I asked what she’s considering: Rav 4, CRV, and Rogue.

She’s entitled to her opinion she’s paying for it. What surprised me she knows we currently own 2 overall trouble free Mitsubishis and her comments were disrespectful. I anticipated from the beginning she will purchase used as she has a high debt to income ratio but will spend around 20k as she will be hit with 8% sales tax and will have a lot of repairs in three to four years. Maybe the next time I will be busy dealing with our unreliable, junk, not safe at any speed Mitsubishi’s.