Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow Scotty goes out and buys a Chevy Spark CVT LOLOLOL

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Wow Scotty goes out and buys a Chevy Spark CVT LOLOLOL

Wow, after multiple posts calling Mitsubishi crap and cvts crap, Scotty Kilmer goes out and buys a Chevy Spark with a cvt. Now its not so bad? Lol unbelievable.

https://youtu.be/tN2PWWoJIgs

What a shill

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Dirk...he didn't buy it...it's a rental car he's using while traveling.

Fast forward to 2:30 and start watching. That's when he unloads on Jatco...LOL.

Name:  scotty.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  47.4 KB

Scotty Says...
    "It has a crappy Jatco automatic transmission."
    "They make some of the worst CVTs in the world."
    "If you buy a car like this and take care of it, it can last a while...other than the CVT transmission."
    If you watch the whole video, he's actually somewhat complimentary of the concept of a "city" car.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 07-31-2020 at 03:14 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-04-2022)

I didn't actually watch it.
    But I will watch this thread blow up into a scotty fan vs non scotty fan discussion. lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-31-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Wow, after multiple posts calling Mitsubishi crap and cvts crap, Scotty Kilmer goes out and buys a Chevy Spark with a cvt. Now its not so bad? Lol unbelievable.

Scotty would probably be the last person on the planet to buy a vehicle with a Jatco transmission. No one slams them more than him. I highly doubt he would buy any vehicle with a CVT.

He uses rental cars when he flies elsewhere, & he was impressed by how well the Spark did on the highway. Scotty freely talks about any car he uses or works on. Whatever car is in his world, he talks about it.

Another fact: Scotty claims he has spent less $8,000 total on vehicles for himself (excluding his wife's cars) in his lifetime. Buying a new Spark would put him way over budget.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Dirk...he didn't buy it...it's a rental car he's using while traveling.

Fast forward to 2:30 and start watching. That's when he unloads on Jatco...LOL.

Name:  scotty.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  47.4 KB

If you watch the whole video, he's actually somewhat complimentary of the concept of a "city" car.
    He then goes onto to say the cvt/engine isnt stressed out at all and should last, which I give him credit for, but if he talked to Fummins about reliability of a Spark vs a Mirage he'd be in for an earfull I bet lol. And sorry, I thought he bought it. Still though, shilling for a Daewoo over Mitsubishi, he should know better.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Here's my question. He said just dont beat em up. Does that mean dont drive em at 3500 rpms @ 75 mph on the highway like I do to commute? If so, Im in a world of hurt because you cant do 55 in Atlanta, you will die.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

l take everything that Scotty says with a grain of salt...like when he talked about how the new Toyotas are amazing while also saying their 8-speed autos were not as reliable as the old ones....lf l'm paying 20-40k for a Japanese vehicle...it'd better be made in Japan...l wouldn't buy a Toyota if it was made in Mexico...sorry...a lot of times he contradicts himself....plus he works on cars...he can buy a nissan-keep it running and say it'll last as long as any other car...Scotty is just entertainment for me lol.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure the Chevy Spark and the Chevy Sonic and the Chevy Trak, and even the Buick whatever.. are all the same platform. So some of those cars get pretty expensive, for a GM Daewoo. Just saying. I love Asian cars, but I think a lot of the pricing for "American" cars is getting to be a highway robbery rip off, and who gets the last laugh there.

I wonder what Scotty thinks about a $93,000 Yukon?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Chevy Spark and the Chevy Sonic and the Chevy Trak, and even the Buick whatever.. are all the same platform.
    According to wiki they do but in reality I couldn't find any parts other than fuses and light bulbs(maybe) that are shared between the spark and sonic. They obviously use the term "shared platform" loosely.