Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow Scotty goes out and buys a Chevy Spark CVT LOLOLOL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Wow, after multiple posts calling Mitsubishi crap and cvts crap, Scotty Kilmer goes out and buys a Chevy Spark with a cvt. Now its not so bad? Lol unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What a shill
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Dirk...he didn't buy it...it's a rental car he's using while traveling.

Fast forward to 2:30 and start watching. That's when he unloads on Jatco...LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I didn't actually watch it.
    But I will watch this thread blow up into a scotty fan vs non scotty fan discussion. lol
    I thought he bought it. Still though, shilling for a Daewoo over Mitsubishi, he should know better.
    This is all so confusing. I don't know what to believe anymore. Does this mean Scotty is not so bad, or he is as bad as everyone says? And what about poor city cars and their owners? Gosh, I hope they don't start protesting too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    This is all so confusing. I don't know what to believe anymore. Does this mean Scotty is not so bad, or he is as bad as everyone says? And what about poor city cars and their owners? Gosh, I hope they don't start protesting too.
    Scotty rented a Chevy Spark on a recent trip, & he was surprised by it somewhat. He was amazed at what 98 hp could do & how the car handled. I don't think he gave the car an endorsement, because he's quick to slam any vehicle with a Jatco transmission. Scotty talks about whatever car is around him. That's what he does. If you asked him to work on your Mirage, it may appear in his youtube.com clip. I wouldn't put that much stock into it.

Others on this forum have rented Chevy Sparks, & they have been somewhat positive. Personally, I have never heard a strong endorsement for Daewoo cars from anyone. I didn't even bother to look at a Spark, because it is made by them. Like almost all vehicles he talks about, Scotty mentions a manual Spark may not be that bad of a car. Its weak link is the Jatco CVT, & I think Fummins has confirmed that for all of us in the past, too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-31-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Scotty rented a Chevy Spark on a recent trip, & he was surprised by it somewhat. He was amazed at what 98 hp could do & how the car handled. I don't think he gave the car an endorsement, because he's quick to slam any vehicle with a Jatco transmission. Scotty talks about whatever car is around him. That's what he does. If you asked him to work on your Mirage, it may appear in his youtube.com clip. I wouldn't put that much stock into it.

Others on this forum have rented Chevy Sparks, & they have been somewhat positive. Personally, I have never heard a strong endorsement for Daewoo cars from anyone. I didn't even bother to look at a Spark, because it is made by them. Like almost all vehicles he talks about, Scotty mentions a manual Spark may not be that bad of a car. Its weak link is the Jatco CVT, & I think Fummins has confirmed that for all of us in the past, too.
    Not a weak link if properly maintained, in most cases, Fummins has shown. That sounded like Master Yoda. lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not a weak link if properly maintained, in most cases, Fummins has shown. That sounded like Master Yoda. lol
    I believe Fummins had a Spark in his fleet before they got all the Mirages. The Spark had some CVT issues, & they got rid of it. I didn't have the impression it was a neglected car.

The Mirages have faired better, but I was referring to the Spark with my comment.

I would never question Master Yoda, however!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-31-2020)

Yeah, they acquired(won) the spark in 2013 or 2014 before I started working there. They started buying the 2015 Mirage's in late summer/fall of 2014. The spark ate a few transmissions around 2015-2016 but were all covered under warranty with no questions asked. This was with under 100,000km/60,00miles. While it was at the dealership waiting for it's last transmission to get shipped, it was replaced by a 2017 Mirage. Then promptly sold once it came back. There are a bunch of 12-13 sonics that were aquired when buying other stores over the years, they were sent to me to be used as spares and replaced by Mirages as well. They don't seem to hold up as well as the Mirages either, mind you other out of town branches may not have been on top of maintenance like the one I'm at. But from what I've seen they just have way more issues than the Mirages.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Scotty rented a Chevy Spark on a recent trip, & he was surprised by it somewhat. He was amazed at what 98 hp could do & how the car handled.
    I think you missed yet another attempt at subtle humor.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I think this is pretty funny.....

Name:  frabz-FORUM-MODERATOR-What-my-friends-think-I-do-What-my-mom-thinks-I--c84c27.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  92.6 KB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-11-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice. I'll take that abuse over the other crap you have posted.
    Last edited by Eggman; 08-01-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Apparently, you missed the purpose of my post?

I was responding to what the video clip was really about, because the title of the thread is very misleading. I wasn't responding to your humor at all. I just happened to reply to the last post made in the thread, & I probably should have done it without your quote attached.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Apparently, you missed the purpose of my post?
    Yeah, since you quoted me I was certain that you were addressing me.

Ok then! Time to leave Scotty alone again.