Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A little off topic, but Mitsubishi related.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Luxurious toy haulers sell these days.

Sign of the times - enjoy them while you can.
    Nah, I'll keep my crappy 15 year old turd bucket going til it becomes too expensive to make sense fixing anymore. That won't take much. While on the subject, I weighed my junk at a scale while heading out camping last on our last trip. Total truck, trailer, cargo, people and the dog came in at just over 20,000lbs. Truck weighs about 8000lbs, trailer is 5000lb dry, sxs 1600lbs(full of fuel and oil), about 700lb worth of people and pets. I Figure we drug along an extra 4700lbs worth of food, blankets, fuel, water, propane and beer. I still managed to forget oil for the chainsaw....

I think a half ton is out of the question for us for the time being.

I have co-workers who buy new trucks and just use them to commute to work. One couple bought brand new half tons, bought a new holiday trailer then realized neither one of the trucks can pull the thing so they then bought a third truck, an old $3000 one ton to take on holidays....To each their own but I don't see the logic, especially when you're renting the house you live in.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

I have co-workers who buy new trucks and just use them to commute to work. One couple bought brand new half tons, bought a new holiday trailer then realized neither one of the trucks can pull the thing so they then bought a third truck, an old $3000 one ton to take on holidays....To each their own but I don't see the logic, especially when you're renting the house you live in.
    Pretty dumb. You would think someone who is spending 50k on a truck, would know their tow requirements. Talk about an expensive way to live generally; renting a house, driving two expensive trucks... no assets.

Spending all their money on their commuter car... they must love work!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)