Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hello

Hello all, I figured I should go ahead and post my story.
    I just traded in my 04 mazdaspeed mx5 for a black 2014 mirage ES. Me and my wife wanted more practicallity than my old roadster with 5 cubic feet of trunk space could provide. And the mirage seemed to be a great deal to jump on especially with the factory incentive.

I'm 23 Y/O, my home town is south Florida but I'm in the army so I get moved around a lot, currently in Monterey CA. And I should be moving to North Florida or WV in march.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 54.7 mpg (US) ... 23.3 km/L ... 4.3 L/100 km ... 65.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As for the car, I love all the convenience and practicality I never had before. I'm not gonna lie I miss having 240hp at the rear wheels. But I'm sure I won't miss 19mpg on 91 octane or expensive low profile tires.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 54.7 mpg (US) ... 23.3 km/L ... 4.3 L/100 km ... 65.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Marrero, Welcome and thank-you for your service. Stay tuned to this forum and I bet most of all your questions and your expertise will be beneficial to all.

Keep the Faith!

-Zxit
    Zxit say... It's a Mirage. LoL! But I love it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome. Congrads on the new car. Did you go with cvt or stick?

Welcome again! Make sure to post a garage entry.

The only Miata I've driven was their first year of production when they had something like 65 horsepower. (Kidding!)

Still a riot to drive: nicely balanced, with go-kart handling and a really fun short-throw shifter. Being able to flip the top up & down from the driver's seat was a bonus.

Given the amount of complaining about the Mirage's soft suspension & body roll/handling from some auto writers, what's your opinion there? I'd think that would be your biggest beef after owning a mx5.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Welcome.
    Lots of Americans joining up now.
    Try and get triple digits of power from your mirage. That's all it would need. Awesome fun to drive

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I went with the cvt so my wife could drive it. The suspension is extremely soft and it feels like it's rolling like crazy. However I expected it to be softer and I have learned to take corners at much slower speeds. I feel like it rides really smoothly though so that's a plus. The mirage also has significantly more ground clearance so I am no longer scrapping my car on speedbumps. The biggest shocker is the acceleration and passing power but that was expected

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrero View Post
    I went with the cvt so my wife could drive it. The suspension is extremely soft and it feels like it's rolling like crazy. However I expected it to be softer and I have learned to take corners at much slower speeds. I feel like it rides really smoothly though so that's a plus. The mirage also has significantly more ground clearance so I am no longer scrapping my car on speedbumps. The biggest shocker is the acceleration and passing power but that was expected
    I highly recommend purchasing ultra racing bars. I have the front and rear strut brace and rear sway bar. Has helped a fair bit even with the stock springs.
    I came from a 3.5L v6, 120kw and 350nm of torque. I am impressed by the speed and take off the mirage has. For the size of the engine it is decent.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. That is quite the change in vehicles. Glad to have you here, and thanks for your service.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Welcome to the site. That is quite the change in vehicles. Glad to have you here, and thanks for your service.
    LOL, you just reminded me of what everyone told me when i sold my pickup truck for my miata.
    Name:  IMG_0068.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  92.5 KB

Last edited by Marrero; 01-04-2014 at 12:53 AM.