Thread: Honda Fit has been cancelled. Also Hyundai Accent hatchback

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Honda Fit has been cancelled. Also Hyundai Accent hatchback

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...upe-cancelled/

Honda has stopped making the Honda Fit. Owners of the Fit are now left twisting in the wind and will have a harder time getting parts.

Seems to me that the Mirage was a better buy after all. (In that case). Toyota Yaris also gone. Its good news for the Mirage. It will soon be the only game in town if you are looking for a fuel efficient, reliable small Econo-Box.

Same with Hyundai Accent hatchback. And I assume Kia Rio as well.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...lls-hatchback/

Im telling you, Mitsubishi must be delighted. They are about to own a monopoly on small stick-shift hatchbacks. It is all good news for this forum. Our cars all just became more valuable and will see a better availability of cheap parts.

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Honda has stopped making the Honda Fit.
    I don't think that is true. The Honda Fit is being dropped from the U.S. market. This is a recent quote -

"Honda is dropping the Fit hatchback from its U.S. lineup after the 2020 model year. The company recently debuted a new generation of the Fit for the rest of the world, but we now know officially that the new model won't come to the States." Jul 17, 2020

It's sad to see small hatchbacks leaving the U.S. market, because I see myself always owning one. If gas were to suddenly double or triple its current cost, I believe some of these cars would return. Thankfully, other markets are still buying them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Toyota Yaris also gone
    I saw a news somewhere that the hatch model for yaris 2020 will be a rebadged Mazda 2 hatchback.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flip096 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flip096 View Post
    I saw a news somewhere that the hatch model for yaris 2020 will be a rebadged Mazda 2 hatchback.
    The current 2020 Yaris is the Mazda 2 hatchback rebadged. That was last year's news.

"The current Toyota Yaris hatchback will soon be replaced by a Mazda-built model that will join the Mazda 2–based Yaris sedan." Jan 28, 2019

Current news -

"Toyota has confirmed that it's discontinuing the Yaris sedan and hatchback in the United States after the 2020 model year. Production of the car—sold in our market since the 2007 model year—will end this month. The automaker blames new regulations and slow sales." Jun 24, 2020

On top of all that - the Prius c was done in 2019. Small hatchback options are dwindling fast!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flip096 View Post
    Both the 2016 Scion IA and 2017-2020 Toyota Yaris sedan/hatchback are a re-badged Mazda 2.

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles