Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Improving throttle control

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Improving throttle control

Has anyone checked out this idrive EVC311 throttle controller? I can't stand the delay from initial acceleration. Guessing this is designed to eliminate that. I did search here for it but nothing came up. https://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/...-Galant/Mirage

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Adz187 For This Useful Post:

MacClyver (09-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Would that interfere with the traction control? I think it would be illegal in the US if so.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    These kinds of devices have been around for a while now. I don't remember anyone trying one on a Mirage. Typically the performance guys are using these.

Here's a video explaining how these things work for those who aren't familiar with them...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adz187 View Post
    Has anyone checked out this idrive EVC311 throttle controller? I can't stand the delay from initial acceleration. Guessing this is designed to eliminate that. I did search here for it but nothing came up. https://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/...-Galant/Mirage
    It's cheaper here
    4WD Industries
    https://4wdindustries.com.au/product...=7024382738478

It should work but I suggest that you ask the supplier directly what your options are if the unit will not be compatible w/ your car. I had an experience w/ DTE PedalBox throttle controller w/c was supposedly to be compatible w/ my car but it was not. Read my post here.

iDrive MITSUBISHI MIRAGE 2013- WindBooster Throttle Control EVC311

www.idriveaustralia.com.au
    sales@idriveaustralia.com.au
    0478 757 275
    Last edited by Mitz; 09-22-2020 at 10:11 AM. Reason: update link

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. Ill look into it. It has a 30 day return policy so if it doesn't do what I'm hoping I'll just return it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adz187 View Post
    Thanks guys. Ill look into it. It has a 30 day return policy so if it doesn't do what I'm hoping I'll just return it.
    Post back your impressions once installed. Always wondered about these since they don't actually do anything to the engine they just change the throttle curve which to me seems like you could just push the accelerator pedal faster to get the same effect.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gone.a For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-10-2020)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Yeah no worries will do.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hey Adz187, any updates?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Got a message when I ordered it theyve got no stock and would have to wait 10-15 days. So hopefully turns up this week and see what difference it makes!

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    So its finally turned up and they also sent a Bluetooth battery monitor as well probably for the longer than normal wait.
    However there's good news and bad news. The unit is easy too install. Remove throttle cable plug, plug in wiring loom, plug throttle cable plug into that and then mount unit. I did remove the plastic shroud underneath the steering column because I just couldn't reach the plug without it but thats 2 screws and then pull out.
    Bad news is doesnt look like its the right unit for the mirage. I turned the car on and the unit didn't light up, the car was idling at around 2250-2500 rpm and check engine light is on(it did eventually go away).Tried a few things but nothing. I emailed them back and they said they will look into it. About 30 minutes later an Idrive representative rang me and started going over a number of things it could be. After speaking with him for a while it looks like it may be the wrong one.
    So he's sending me another 2 different units. This guy really didn't want me having a bad experience with the Idrive so is doing everything he can to get this working. Unfortunately I'm moving this weekend so I wont get the replacements until next week. Hopefully it works next time and I can let everyone know what the results are!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Adz187 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-08-2020)