Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Improving throttle control

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So the new unit has turned up and ive installed it. Holy f#*king s#*t!! This thing is the goods. I turned it straight up to the highest setting and im highly impressed. It wheel spun out of some corners which i wasnt expecting (never done this unless its wet) and although it doesn't increase horsepower it certainly feels like it has. Almost like a small supercharger has been installed!
    The new unit from what I've read is actually for a pajero or triton. Original with part no. EVC301L didnt work the new one with part no. EVC313L is the one that's ive got installed now.
    I'm very happy with this purchase and idrive for trying to get it sorted as quick as possible (sent me a paid return envelope for the old one and an idrive stubby cooler with the new one). Pretty sure my fuel economy will go up now but I'm not concerned in the slightest!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adz187 For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (11-20-2020),Top_Fuel (09-22-2020)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Are there any noticeable differences on the connectors' looks between the EVC301L and EVC313L?

Nice for you enjoying the throttle controller.

I'm sharing the ff. link w/c I think best explains how the controller works.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    The connectors look exactly the same to me. Although the one that didn't work was extremely hard to disconnect.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $245 seems excessive but, the throttle lag is a large factor for me too why I don't care for my Mirage. If it doesn't sell I just might need to try this.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Yeah maybe a little pricey. This isn't our primary car now and only really gets driven to work (30km) and take kids to school. So the whole fuel efficiency thing with the mirage isn't a huge factor for me any more really.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm picking one of these up and will do a full review on it on Subcompact Culture. Looking forward to it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-03-2020)

Are you getting the same model? I've seen at least two other similar devices around online for $2-300. I noticed there is a huge difference in throttle response between one car and another. We have some Mirage's with excellent throttle response that are nice to drive, you don't need to floor it anywhere. They move quick enough with 1/4 throttle. Then there are some that like my own car where you gotta floor it well before you need to cause it takes a second or two for it do get up and go. I noticed this in two 2015 mirages with similar mileage, both having around 230,000kms or more. Even the 2017 I took out of town last week was a bit of a turd.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Are you getting the same model? I've seen at least two other similar devices around online for $2-300. I noticed there is a huge difference in throttle response between one car and another. We have some Mirage's with excellent throttle response that are nice to drive, you don't need to floor it anywhere. They move quick enough with 1/4 throttle. Then there are some that like my own car where you gotta floor it well before you need to cause it takes a second or two for it do get up and go. I noticed this in two 2015 mirages with similar mileage, both having around 230,000kms or more. Even the 2017 I took out of town last week was a bit of a turd.
    I contacted iDrive and they said they have a model that works for Mirage, but isn't listed on the U.S. website.

My biggest beef with the Mirage's throttle is the huge delay when attempting to blip the throttle when downshifting or even when quickly upshifting. The delay is terrible. People used to complain about the throttle-by-wire in the Yaris. Well, I have a Yaris and its throttle response is like a sportscar comparatively.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I contacted iDrive and they said they have a model that works for Mirage, but isn't listed on the U.S. website.

My biggest beef with the Mirage's throttle is the huge delay when attempting to blip the throttle when downshifting or even when quickly upshifting. The delay is terrible. People used to complain about the throttle-by-wire in the Yaris. Well, I have a Yaris and its throttle response is like a sportscar comparatively.
    Yah. Heel-toe is close to impossible with these things... While I have adjusted to make it work for the mirage, I'd prefer the more 'natural' feeling.

Someone in the US test this already so I can jump ship as well.

Here's another one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ecu-MI2-Boo...-/112289814329

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)