Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly trading in my '14 Mirage for a brand new Mazda3

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Hi Mirage Forum members,

I feel like I am betraying the community to say that I may not be a Mirage driver after this Thursday, when I test-drive a brand new Mazda3 sedan GX manual (base model trim).

The new car has a 6 speed manual, and no AC.. and also, none of the emergency braking etc. options that I don't want. The less gizmos, the better. Does have a very modern look inside and out, and I think Mazda's are reliable from what I am hearing from MirageRally and others.

Price for the new Mazda3 is about 20-25% or more cheaper than most of the 2020 3's I have seen for sale... this is a 2019 left over.

Wish me luck with the whole "dealer"ship experience. Cheers! What a lovely car, and i have been talking on MirageRally's thread, I thought I should start a new one in the lounge.

I will keep everyone posted.
    If this turns out to be the car you want, I hope the deal works out for you!

I didn't realize that we had the Mazda3 sedan in the States, until your post yesterday. We don't have the manual option, however. I also didn't realize these cars can be had in FWD or AWD.

The discounted 2019 base model in your area appears to be a good deal. Sometimes, you need to take advantage of those when they happen. I felt that way about my 2017 Mirage purchase. Brand new Mirages for $9,000-9,500 kept tugging at me all that summer. After both of my daughters got married & the dust settled, I pull the trigger on one. I have zero regrets over my Mirage purchase. I would gladly buy another one, & I would't say that about every other vehicle that I have owned.

I see nothing wrong with former Mirage owner's hanging around the forum.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-10-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This particular new Mazda3 is a great price, like compared to most new cars. Plus I think I will get a good low interest loan. We will see after my test drive Thursday. It's all booked in advance because of covid.

This Mazda 3 does look good. The GT gets a bigger engine, and then there is a turbo awd coming for 2022. Like Mark said the other day, basic FWD passenger cars are getting harder to find.

I wonder if one of those dials is Heating and Cooling , and the other is stereo volume knob.

My message was to Dirk originally, but they apply to your comments too Mark, thanks!

I might jump on it, at the very least it's a rare find.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I wonder if one of those dials is Heating and Cooling , and the other is stereo volume knob.

Looks like the radio controls are on the console(4) next to the "commander knob" lol Attachment 18938

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-10-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Fummins: the first radios in cars were in that spot, so that is a strange throw back. I'm not sure any other car has stereo volume knob located there. Also, the command knob is something different to get used to.

Mark: This might be the time to pounce. I have similar non-negotiable items about my cars. I want a basic, gets the job done car. We'll see what my impressions are after the test drive. I am jumping the gun a bit, so I am trying to sleep on it a few days, and be able to look at this possible new car purchase with reason.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Odd, the first time I saw a radio between the seats was either my k-car or grand marquis. radio on the seat, Big house speakers in the truck lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Odd, the first time I saw a radio between the seats was either my k-car or grand marquis. radio on the seat, Big house speakers in the truck lol.
    The one youtube reviewer said the interior looks like a Volvo. I see it.

I give Mazda credit for building a car that ranges in price from $16,787, all the way to the $40k+ in one car. With the new Turbo version they have coming out soon, this is premium compact luxury, and not an economy car. I just hope the armrests and elbow spots are soft lol.

Mazda3 sounds a lot like the old Lancer lineup.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like it. And I think the volume knob would be handy where it is unless you spill in all of those things. But steering wheel controls are the best spot.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-11-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I like it. And I think the volume knob would be handy where it is unless you spill in all of those things. But steering wheel controls are the best spot.
    This Mazda3 sedan has both the steering wheel volume controls (that's not a new invention at all), and also that weird little knob near the stick shift down on the centre console, a volume knob down there. Also got that big command knob that commands your GPS/backup camera screen. So very different design.

With having my hand there all the time with the stick shift, I will have to be careful not to spill coffee on my new stereo. Looks to be a good one, 8 speaker. Lots going for this car. The marked down price is why I am looking and also wouldn't mind a bigger car for the winter.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The new mazda3 looks like a great car. I didn't know they came with no AC on base trim.

I personally wouldn't trade in my Mirage because its paid off and I feel like I wouldn't get much for it. I'll just drive it til it breaks. I really want something bigger like an Outlander or a Bronco Sport. I wish they sold the Suzuki Jimny in the US.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    I personally wouldn't trade in my Mirage because its paid off and I feel like I wouldn't get much for it. I'll just drive it til it breaks.
    It's a good way to go. The cheapest car to drive is one that is paid off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)