Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Possibly trading in my '14 Mirage for a brand new Mazda3

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't see myself ever owning just a Mirage, but I also don't see myself not owning a Mirage. I don't like anything new currently on the market to replace either of my two vehicles, which is good! I save money that way!
    I have been thinking a lot about my real car needs, and how much driving my Mirage I am doing in the first place.

I think people drive cars that are bigger and costlier than their true needs are. I think people are like that with their cosco memberships too. Buying in bulk, then throwing out half the lettuce.

Good to plan ahead, but then it ends up biting them in the butt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I have been thinking a lot about my real car needs, and how much driving my Mirage I am doing in the first place.

I think people drive cars that are bigger and costlier than their true needs are. I think people are like that with their cosco memberships too. Buying in bulk, then throwing out half the lettuce.

Good to plan ahead, but then it ends up biting them in the butt.
    It's fun to look at vehicles. Buying them & having car payments is not as much fun!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It's fun to look at vehicles. Buying them & having car payments is not as much fun!
    I'm at month 79 of my 84 month payment plan.

I have to look at the bright side. I got a good car. I have had my car over 6 and a half years, and my Mirage is still under warranty for another 21,000 kms.

Even when I bought my Mirage new in 2014, I knew I couldn't get a full 10 years out of the 10 year warranty, like just with the facts of my commute every day. Still pretty good I will get over 7 years of warranty time. Couldn't say that with any brand other than Mitsubishi.

I did shift into 3rd roughly totally by accident the other day, but everything seems fine. I must have missed a gear. I stalled my ca earlier today at a stop sign. But that can happen even in the middle of a cornfield with a road basically.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-31-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Man, it is gonna be great to pay that off. Are you going to double up on the last one to finish it early?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-30-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Man, it is gonna be great to pay that off. Are you going to double up on the last one to finish it early?
    Nice to have more wiggle room with my budget coming up soon. I am thinking of doing 2.5% on my principle of my mortgage early next year. My Mirage is kinda budgeted I will leave it, nice thought however.

I ordered one of those Classic NES' from nintendo's e-store today. Refurbished. Looking forward to Kirby's Dreamland. I thought you would like that with your Eggman name
    Last edited by dspace9; 08-30-2020 at 08:23 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-31-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I ordered one of those Classic NES' from nintendo's e-store today. Refurbished. Looking forward to Kirby's Dreamland. I thought you would like that with your Eggman name
    Sorry, not familiar with that - I haven't spent a lot of time on video games.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I did shift into 3rd roughly totally by accident the other day, but everything seems fine. I must have missed a gear. I stalled my ca earlier today at a stop sign. But that can happen even in the middle of a cornfield with a road basically.

l wouldn't worry about it...l shifted from 1st to 2nd rough even now from time to time...manuals are built tough and if it causes problems down the road...guess what?...you got the 10year/100,000mile powertrain warranty to back you up
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Eggman, there is a character in the SEGA universe called Dr "Eggman", the arch-nemesis of Sonic the Hedgehog. Jim Carrey played him in the new Sonic movie last year.

MirageRally, thanks I am not too worried. I'm a good shifter 99% of the time, just the past 3 days I have decided to not drive. I just felt like being lazy and Netflix and chill. Shopping is just not the same these days.

I think my Mirage is a tough little car. I have hit some huge potholes, and a few badly placed curbs etc.. my alignment is perfect, keeps on puttering along.

Nice! What are you going to do with the extra cash flow?

Friends of mine are 2 payments away from paying off their mortgage. They're going to spend the "surplus" for a couple of months to celebrate, then redirect it to their retirement savings. At least that's what they say.

Other friends I know bought a cottage within a couple of months of paying off their house. The payments were already budgeted.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Nice! What are you going to do with the extra cash flow?

Friends of mine are 2 payments away from paying off their mortgage. They're going to spend the "surplus" for a couple of months to celebrate, then redirect it to their retirement savings. At least that's what they say.

Other friends I know bought a cottage within a couple of months of paying off their house. The payments were already budgeted.

With the extra cash flow, I might look into putting a chunk of money onto my house in January. I think up to 10% a year can be put on the principle.

I'm envious of your friends being mortgage-free. Now that's freedom.