Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly trading in my '14 Mirage for a brand new Mazda3

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    This is true. Unfortunately majority of the population is in a bubble it seems. I've never been to Saskatchewan though but close enough I guess.
    I decided to cancel my test drive for the manual Mazda3 for tomorrow.

I don't think it's the right time. My Mirage has no AC now, what is the real difference with the 3 with no AC also? At the same time, I was so ready for a new car, I was clearing out my Mirage. But now I will wait.

A new 3 would have been an upgrade in some ways for sure. But I think I am too blown away by the good looks. And the sale price of this particular car. (and the fact it's a true base model, one of the last...)

I just find my Mirage to be too small in the winter. Handles well and a snow squall is a snow squall no matter the car... same with no AC

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-12-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I've never been to Saskatchewan though but close enough I guess.
    Ha! Geography is not my strong suit. Like reading, it's hard. Maybe one day I'll get to see your part of the world.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

I don't think it's the right time. My Mirage has no AC now, what is the real difference with the 3 with no AC also? At the same time, I was so ready for a new car, I was clearing out my Mirage. But now I will wait.

A new 3 would have been an upgrade in some ways for sure. But I think I am too blown away by the good looks. And the sale price of this particular car. (and the fact it's a true base model, one of the last...)

I just find my Mirage to be too small in the winter. Handles well and a snow squall is a snow squall no matter the car... same with no AC
    No! It's just a test drive - there's no obligation to buy it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-12-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    No! It's just a test drive - there's no obligation to buy it.

No but that kinda gets to another thing, I feel stressed out about the car buying experience already. and I haven't even set foot in the showroom. Plus today I was driving around my sister's kids for hours with no AC in my Mirage. They want me to buy a Mazda3, but it would be just as hot with no AC too.. Kinda feeling like so what. Mirage is still new-er and has 137k.. just not as stylish no.

I don't have the kids around all week usually, and of course they want a new Mazda.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No but that kinda gets to another thing, I feel stressed out about the car buying experience already. and I haven't even set foot in the showroom. Plus today I was driving around my sister's kids for hours with no AC in my Mirage. They want me to buy a Mazda3, but it would be just as hot with no AC too.. Kinda feeling like so what. Mirage is still new-er and has 137k.. just not as stylish no.

I don't have the kids around all week usually, and of course they want a new Mazda.
    I'm sure your family, just like the rest of us, want the best for you.

All your talk about the Mazda3 makes me want to go check one out...

In any case, you know what's best for you. We're all rooting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Ha! Geography is not my strong suit. Like reading, it's hard. Maybe one day I'll get to see your part of the world.
    I hear you. You're not missing much. Mountains are cool(but they're 4 hrs from me...), they have them down south too. Take a drive to Alaska! One day maybe I'll get a passport and head south again.

I rarely take my own advice. But I think you made a good choice. Your car should last another few years. Maybe try some of this cat crap https://www.amazon.ca/Multi-Use-Anti...5HGQQ1QXTNF9BR Works on glasses, not sure about windshields and windows?

Get your sister to buy you a Mazda if they want you to get one so bad lol Pay off your car, save up and in a few years something better will come along. By then you'll likely be able to actually get rid of your mirage and get something for it rather than hand it to the dealer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-12-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I hear you. You're not missing much. Mountains are cool(but they're 4 hrs from me...), they have them down south too. Take a drive to Alaska! One day maybe I'll get a passport and head south again.

I rarely take my own advice. But I think you made a good choice. Your car should last another few years. Maybe try some of this cat crap https://www.amazon.ca/Multi-Use-Anti...5HGQQ1QXTNF9BR Works on glasses, not sure about windshields and windows?

Get your sister to buy you a Mazda if they want you to get one so bad lol Pay off your car, save up and in a few years something better will come along. By then you'll likely be able to actually get rid of your mirage and get something for it rather than hand it to the dealer
    My sister drives a midsize SUV. I would too having the kids. My nephew loves cars and seems to think money grows on trees, I don't know where he is getting it from, the whole needing to be cool with chains and watches.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    My sister drives a midsize SUV. I would too having the kids. My nephew loves cars and seems to think money grows on trees, I don't know where he is getting it from, the whole needing to be cool with chains and watches.
    I must be living a boring life, because I was looking forward to your test drive & possible car purchase!

I agree with Fummins about paying your car off first, & then start saving up for something else.

In all honesty, I grew up with sedans. My dad's first 4-5 cars were Impalas. If someone gave me a sedan, I may use it. You couldn't do anything to a sedan to excite me. Then again, I like a cheap Mirage!

I will alway own a small hatchback, wagon, or small SUV. They are just so practical for hauling stuff.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-12-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I must be living a boring life, because I was looking forward to your test drive & possible car purchase!

I agree with Fummins about paying your car off first, & then start saving up for something else.

In all honesty, I grew up with sedans. My dad's first 4-5 cars were Impalas. If someone gave me a sedan, I may use it. You couldn't do anything to a sedan to excite me. Then again, I like a cheap Mirage!

I will alway own a small hatchback, wagon, or small SUV. They are just so practical for hauling stuff.
    Thanks Mark! I think I made the right choice. I tossed the car purchase idea out the window for now.

Talking about space, one thing is I was wondering if my Coleman cooler was gonna fit ok in the 3's trunk. I'm sure it would, but I know it does for sure in my Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I think I made the right choice. I tossed the car purchase idea out the window for now.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-13-2020),dspace9 (08-13-2020)