Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly trading in my '14 Mirage for a brand new Mazda3

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Possibly trading in my '14 Mirage for a brand new Mazda3

Hi Mirage Forum members,

I feel like I am betraying the community to say that I may not be a Mirage driver after this Thursday, when I test-drive a brand new Mazda3 sedan GX manual (base model trim).

The new car has a 6 speed manual, and no AC.. and also, none of the emergency braking etc. options that I don't want. The less gizmos, the better. Does have a very modern look inside and out, and I think Mazda's are reliable from what I am hearing from MirageRally and others.

Price for the new Mazda3 is about 20-25% or more cheaper than most of the 2020 3's I have seen for sale... this is a 2019 left over.

Wish me luck with the whole "dealer"ship experience. Cheers! What a lovely car, and i have been talking on MirageRally's thread, I thought I should start a new one in the lounge.

I will keep everyone posted

Name:  mazda3 interior3.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  m3.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  96.6 KB

Last edited by dspace9; 08-10-2020 at 04:38 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Hi Mirage Forum members,

I feel like I am betraying the community to say that I may not be a Mirage driver after this Thursday, when I test-drive a brand new Mazda3 sedan GX manual (base model trim).

The new car has a 6 speed manual, and no AC.. and also, none of the emergency braking etc. options that I don't want. The less gizmos, the better. Does have a very modern look inside and out, and I think Mazda's are reliable from what I am hearing from MirageRally and others.

Price for the new Mazda3 is about 20-25% or more cheaper than most of the 2020 3's I have seen for sale... this is a 2019 left over.

Wish me luck with the whole "dealer"ship experience. Cheers! What a lovely car, and i have been talking on MirageRally's thread, I thought I should start a new one in the lounge.

I will keep everyone posted

Name:  mazda3 interior3.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  m3.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  96.6 KB
    Long as it's the car you want, don't worry about "betraying the community"...plenty of people on here have other cars besides the Mirage...l still want to meet with you next year for the annual mirage meet so l don't care what car you pull up in Best of luck my friend
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-10-2020),dspace9 (08-10-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sounds like a plan. I have only owned 3 cars in 20 years of having a driver's licence. So I guess I always look for a long time into my car options. I want to stay in my budget, and make a sensible choice. As well as treat myself.

There are a number of reasons why I want to upgrade. And yea Mark for example, he has a Subaru eh and Dodge Aires K has some collector Dodges.

Doesn't matter what you drive, up to the person. Mazda has a good reputation for handling so I am curious for sure. Mazda still makes an economy car. But for how long?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

See if Metro wants your Mirage before giving it to the dealer?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    See if Metro wants your Mirage before giving it to the dealer?
    I still owe a little bit on my Mirage, I wonder if I can just put the old loan into the new loan, and keep my Mirage (for now)

Also debating about using it as a trade in. They probably won't give me much and my Mirage is in good shape.

Edit: I don't want to make any promises to Metro about my car, I literally can't. But I will give him my old Potenzas on original steelies for free if it comes down to it later down the road.
    Last edited by dspace9; 08-10-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I still owe a little bit on my Mirage, I wonder if I can just put the old loan into the new loan, and keep my Mirage (for now)

Also debating about using it as a trade in. They probably won't give me much and my Mirage is in good shape.
    Yikes, I'd honestly just pay off your Mirage first or leave the keys in it til someone steals it before going into more car debt. But that's easier said than done, the wife got impatient and basically gave her Optima to the dealer and had the debt from that loan added to the new car loan lol. That's the last new car she ever buys....I'd rather see $600/month go towards an addition on my garage or pay off the mortgage 5 years early.

That is a nice looking car though. But tell me there is a volume dial on the dash and not some multi function bmw type mouse wheel thing on the console to try and figure out then break when you spill your beer on it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-10-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I do accelerated biweekly mortgage payments, and I also add a small amount extra every payment, as explained by the smart lady at the bank. I have had huge differences in experience depending on what staff person I am dealing with. But now I feel my mortgage is in good shape. I am 13.5 years to go, and not 18 years to go like a true 25 year mortgage should be.

And I don't feel a pinch with huge extra payments, just a little. Local county taxes are going up faster. But I didn't pay much for my house, got in before the rush, back in 2013. Now that I'm with Sonnet insurance I'm saving $100 a month.

I think they have stereo volume control right on the steering wheel, but this car has a really advanced-looking stereo system, 8 speakers I believe. New style Mazda3's do look good, the hatchback is ugly though. This car would look more expensive than I paid if it goes well

If I can find Labatt 50 to celebrate my new car...in a 24 of bottles.. and without having to use google maps, I would be impressed. LCBO store says they can order anything but they dont carry it. Busch light and coors light are the biggest sellers in my town.
    Last edited by dspace9; 08-10-2020 at 05:46 PM.

I bought my first house in 2013 too. Didn't have any extra money to put down on that mortgage, was a pita to try with the bank I was dealing with anyways. Sold the old house and bought current one 2 years ago and ended up with a 25 year mortgage, hoping to have that paid off before I die lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (11-24-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I bought my first house in 2013 too. Didn't have any extra money to put down on that mortgage, was a pita to try with the bank I was dealing with anyways. Sold the old house and bought current one 2 years ago and ended up with a 25 year mortgage, hoping to have that paid off before I die lol.
    Yea eh well you're married and I'm a bachelor, I was common law with my girlfriend, but we just had a few different apartments she rented or I rented. Anyway yea I have different type of flexibility, for example watching 13 hours of hockey in a row and nobody has anything to say about that.

I'll keep you posted. Nothing wrong with treating yourself to something nicer., for close to the same price as I paid for my Mirage back in 2014. All the other cars coming up at this price range for new on Auto Trader are Chevy Sparks, no thanks.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Good looking ride my friend! Ive been looking at Mazdas as well. I like how they've separated themselves from Ford and their refusal to use CVT technology. My boss and my good bud both have Mazda 3s and rave about them. You might be sacrificing some mpg for performance and reliability but it seems well worth it in my book. GodSpeed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-10-2020)