Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly trading in my '14 Mirage for a brand new Mazda3

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I will see how I feel after the test drive Thursday. I know the costs, but I'm not crazy and trading in $39,000 in car loans for an even bigger loan.. no I buy the occasional 'economy' car. I wanted to keep my Mirage longer, and my car has loads of sentimental value.. but maybe this particular Mazda3 is the right car for me because it doesn't have all the extra tech I don't want.
    $39,000 in car loans? Where did that number come from?

If you don't buy the Mazda, what do you have left in car loans?

If you buy the Mazda, what would your new car loan be?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-11-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    $39,000 in car loans? Where did that number come from?

If you don't buy the Mazda, what do you have left in car loans?

If you buy the Mazda, what would your new car loan be?
    That number, $39,000 I just made up as an example of big car loans some people carry. Not me.

I owe about $1,900 on my Mirage. I get how just driving my Mirage is the most economical choice. But if I was gonna upgrade, this Mazda has a bunch of what I'm looking for. And might be my last chance to buy a new car with bare-bones tech and manual 3 pedal driving.

Pros and Cons. I will be with more car loans for another 6 years. $16,787 is what the Mazda dealer is asking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    That number, $39,000 I just made up as an example of big car loans some people carry. Not me.

I owe about $1,900 on my Mirage. I get how just driving my Mirage is the most economical choice. But if I was gonna upgrade, this Mazda has a bunch of what I'm looking for. And might be my last chance to buy a new car with bare-bones tech and manual 3 pedal driving.

Pros and Cons. I will be with more car loans for another 6 years. $16,787 is what the Mazda dealer is asking.
    What would be the out-the-door price for a $16,787 car? OTD is everything tax, title, license, sales tax, & any other add on charges.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    What would be the out-the-door price for a $16,787 car? OTD is everything tax, title, license, sales tax, & any other add on charges.
    This Mazda dealer is saying they are up front about their prices. And no hassle. Here is the literal words from my e-mail exchange with the saleslady,

"We offer all our customers our best price upfront... no hassling and negotation free. We don't have any added dealer fees"

So I assume that means freight/shipping is included. That was $1,495 extra for my Mirage. Taxes, I will assume, is not included in the Mazda dealer's "up front" pricing. So 13% tax in Ontario adds another $2,182 to $16,787. So if the Mazda3 is anything more than $18,969 all in, I should be worried eh..?

When you add up the extras, I paid almost the same for my Mirage brand new back in 2014.

I will see for myself on Thursday at the dealership, but the rest of the Mazda lineup is way too expensive for my taste and budget. Even if I had all the money, I always stick to economy-minded cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I miss driving a sedan myself. The hatch is useful but I much prefer the G4. Especially on long road trips, there's hardly any blind spots in the G4.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-12-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I miss driving a sedan myself. The hatch is useful but I much prefer the G4. Especially on long road trips, there's hardly any blind spots in the G4.
    I have never owned a sedan. Two hatchback/station wagon's, and an old VW Cabrio. My mom had a Sentra 2003 and that was a nice car to drive.

Your post about Jayco transmisions got me thinking about the Skyactiv transmission and engine in this Mazda3. I wonder if this is brand new technology. Is this technology proven? I have been trying to speed-read my education on 3's the past few days..

Thanks for your thoughts Dirk, your perspective is bang on because you know my car and the issues with my particular Mirage.

If I go for the Mazda, I have my accessories list done already. My options that I scribbled down are: 1) Premium Touch-up paint pen, and 2) all-weather mats (as long as they're rubber ones)

5th period of OT with the Columbus Blue Jackets and Tampa Bay, history being made in Toronto!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have never owned a sedan. Two hatchback/station wagon's, and an old VW Cabrio. My mom had a Sentra 2003 and that was a nice car to drive.

Your post about Jayco transmisions got me thinking about the Skyactiv transmission and engine in this Mazda3. I wonder if this is brand new technology. Is this technology proven? I have been trying to speed-read my education on 3's the past few days..

Thanks for your thoughts Dirk, your perspective is bang on because you know my car and the issues with my particular Mirage.

If I go for the Mazda, I have my accessories list done already. My options that I scribbled down are: 1) Premium Touch-up paint pen, and 2) all-weather mats (as long as they're rubber ones)

5th period of OT with the Columbus Blue Jackets and Tampa Bay, history being made in Toronto!!
    Mazda's engine and trans are made in house by them...the only issue with their Sky-activ engines is that they are Direct Injection (no self cleaning like port injection) but many of the Mazda's l've seen don't get a lot of carbon buildup on the valves so if l had to get a Direct Injection car, Mazda is the way to go
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I envy Canadians easily living without AC. Down here there would be alot of in car heat stroke deaths especially in bumper to bumper traffic. I dont envy rust supposedly destroying cars so easily though. Although, realistically is this true?
    I don't know many people with central ac in their house. I didn't grow up with it, we had one fan in our house lol. Saying the majority of Canadians has ac is likely a fairy tale. I had it installed in my current house after the first summer. I've owned way more cars without ac than ones that had it, but I wouldn't want to go without ac again unless it was something from the 60's or early 70's.
    For rust, that depends on where you are. Cars and rust are dependent on whether you live where there's snow and how they clear the roads. I'd buy a vehicle from Florida, texas or California before one from the north eastern states. I wouldn't buy a vehicle east of Saskatchewan unless I planned to ditch it in a year or two.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Saying the majority of Canadians has ac is likely a fairy tale.
    Said the Saskatchewanian lol.

I believe it. Ontario might win out over a Prarie province.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

I believe it. Ontario might win out over a Prarie province.
    This is true. Unfortunately majority of the population is in a bubble it seems. I've never been to Saskatchewan though but close enough I guess.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)