Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi rocket sends an orbiter to Mars

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Mitsubishi rocket sends an orbiter to Mars

I was reading the newspaper this weekend, and came across an interesting detail about the Hope orbiter, being sent to Mars by the UAE (United Arab Emirates) last week. The article mentioned Mitsubishi and rockets. Then I did a little bit of research online...

Turns out that Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is the rocket company sending the orbiter to space. I did not know Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is in the space industry. Take a look at their website:

https://www.mhi.com/products/space/launch_service.html

Name:  mitsu rocket.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  87.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-12-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Ah if only every component in a Mirage was exclusively made from a Mitsubishi subsidiary it would be a major selling point. Now when I try and conflate Mitsubishi Motors with its other bigger, more respected partners like Mitsu Heavy Industries or Mitsu Fuso trucks, Im shot down by Mitsubishi naysayers on youtube/reddit saying "The keiretsu shares only a name and some stocks. Nissan controls everything Mitsubishi Motors does." I guess theyre not wrong?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Ah if only every component in a Mirage was exclusively made from a Mitsubishi subsidiary it would be a major selling point. Now when I try and conflate Mitsubishi Motors with its other bigger, more respected partners like Mitsu Heavy Industries or Mitsu Fuso trucks, Im shot down by Mitsubishi naysayers on youtube/reddit saying "The keiretsu shares only a name and some stocks. Nissan controls everything Mitsubishi Motors does." I guess theyre not wrong?
    I would say to them, they're mostly right, but not completely. Extreme naysayer's never see the world in greys, like it is. So the distant cousin of your Mirage is your old Mitsubishi TV, or toaster, or a Fuso truck, or HVAC component. Maybe all Nissan's are closer cousins.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I just feel like it would be a major selling point for Mitsu. "We make stealth fighters and subcompacts.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Cool story dspace9, thanks for posting this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I was reading the newspaper this weekend, and came across an interesting detail about the Hope orbiter, being sent to Mars by the UAE (United Arab Emirates) last week. The article mentioned Mitsubishi and rockets. Then I did a little bit of research online...

Turns out that Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is the rocket company sending the orbiter to space. I did not know Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is in the space industry. Take a look at their website:

https://www.mhi.com/products/space/launch_service.html

Name:  mitsu rocket.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  87.1 KB
    All this wasted talk on the forum about adding a turbo to a Mirage when we could have rocket boosters added instead! The Mirage could be the next Batmobile!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-12-2020),inuvik (08-12-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I still think Mitsubishi needs a completely new halo car. A sports coupe, rwd, and completely overpriced like the Nissan GTR. Call it the Mitsubishi ZF or Zero Fighter. Just my imagination lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    All this wasted talk on the forum about adding a turbo to a Mirage when we could have rocket boosters added instead! The Mirage could be the next Batmobile!
    Don't forget the Flux capacitor.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I still think Mitsubishi needs a completely new halo car. A sports coupe, rwd, and completely overpriced like the Nissan GTR. Call it the Mitsubishi ZF or Zero Fighter. Just my imagination lol.
    I think they could make a Miata competitor that would sell really well. They have the historic name brand for reminiscing. Keep your joy riding cheap and fun. Miata has no competitors besides itself, the Fiat version, the 124 I believe.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think they could make a Miata competitor that would sell really well. They have the historic name brand for reminiscing. Keep your joy riding cheap and fun. Miata has no competitors besides itself, the Fiat version, the 124 I believe.
    Now you're talking. Can't you just see a new Eclipse Spyder with a basic rear-wheel drive configuration offered with a Mitsubishi all-wheel drive setup?