Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daytime running lights in headlights hidden function

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks

Daytime running lights in headlights hidden function

After activating the hidden function and replacing the relay in the headlights.
    When the lights are off, the engine is running and the parking brake is off, the lamps shine much weaker. Look at the lamp.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage M 1.0 automatic: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sprinter For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (08-19-2020),inuvik (08-18-2020),MetroMPG (02-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
    After activating the hidden function and replacing the relay in the headlights.
    When the lights are off, the engine is running and the parking brake is off, the lamps shine much weaker. Look at the lamp.
    Hey, you got it figured out! Nice work. Can you please post more details about the steps you took, and further explain what you mean by "hidden function"?

What are your next plans for your Mirage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey, you got it figured out! Nice work. Can you please post more details about the steps you took, and further explain what you mean by "hidden function"?

What are your next plans for your Mirage?
    Mirage has the same ETACS module as Pajero Sport.
    This block is responsible for vehicle options.
    Using programs from this site/ you can try to activate the functions available for Pajero Sport, Outlander, ASX, Lancer and others that also have a module ETACS. Not everything, of course, will work, but something is activated.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage M 1.0 automatic: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks
    I bought and replaced the light relay with the desired one
    His number 8627A001
    I replaced it and with the help of the above programs, together with ELM327 OBDII, read the settings from the ETACS module, corrected it and wrote it back.

In the same way, I changed the algorithm of the variator and the folding of the mirrors
    Attached Images Attached Images      

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprinter For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-22-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Does anyone know what the difference between the relays is? and how the dimming drl works? is it reduced voltage or pwm signal?

also on the ETACs photo he shared it says "dimming drl with /p" what are the other options for drl if any?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Our cars (Canada) have what looks like the larger headlight/DRL relay that Sprinter bought.

They have large heat sink fins on top... doesn't that suggest the dimming is done through simple resistance?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Maybe this is a CVT thing, because I'm not following this thread. As this video is the way my 2020 5MT headlights work, EXCEPT, when I release the parking brake, I get no "DRL" function.

Meaning, my headlamp assembly reacts to the headlight switch stalk directly. Nothing happens regarding the parking brake, and I do not have DRLs. Which is the way I prefer it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Maybe this is a CVT thing, because I'm not following this thread. As this video is the way my 2020 5MT headlights work, EXCEPT, when I release the parking brake, I get no "DRL" function.

Meaning, my headlamp assembly reacts to the headlight switch stalk directly. Nothing happens regarding the parking brake, and I do not have DRLs. Which is the way I prefer it.
    Canada has required DRL since 1990 regardless of what transmission you have. The US doesn't require DRL afaik. Cause freedom?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Canada has required DRL since 1990 regardless of what transmission you have. The US doesn't require DRL afaik. Cause freedom?
    Motorcycle have had the DRL requirement as long as I can remember. My first motorcycle (1977 Yamaha XS400) didn't even have a switch to turn on the lights (just a dimmer switch). That bike didn't have a battery either. Once you kick started it, the headlights were on.

18 states require headlights much be on when your wipers are on.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/weather...5-8dfa0546eb1e

Some companies have DRL on all their vehicles. My Forester has DRL, & I can't turn them off. Most GM vehicles have DRL, too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-01-2022)

Canaduh also has an epidemic of dumb people who drive around at night with ONLY their DRL's on -- NO side or tail lights.

Because some car's DRLs are headlights only, and are juuuust bright enough to let the driver think their full lights are on.

Because you can't fix stupid, there's a new rule coming into effect requiring either a photo sensor (= full automatic lights + DRL), or that the instrument cluster has to remain dark if only the DRLs are on (as an interior cue to remind the driver to switch on full lights).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-03-2022)