Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The First 1000 Miles - All Interstate Highway (Owner review: 2014 Mirage 5-speed)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    MetroMPG-I brought along with me the other one. I'm posting it to the reply. I think you guys might just like this AutoBytel video review of the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. I saw another review and the guy was a total snob and a dork, too. Total non-sensical review of the new Mirage-he just hates small cars, that's all. I'll go get that one and post it on here if anyone likes ta read negative reviews of their new cars, just let me know. Enjoy this one, though. The guy is more intelligent and it really shows. Some dorks don't realize that a new car can only do what it's designers have built it to do! And the guy totally leaves out the great gas mileage - one of the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage strong suits - probably it's best one!

This isn't a Canadian review - I just edited it. It looks like the guy's in the desert SW - maybe LA. There's palm trees in it.

Last edited by Mitsuman; 01-07-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuman View Post
    MetroMPG-I brought along with me the other one. I'm posting it to the reply. I think you guys might just like this AutoBytel video review of the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage.
    Oh yeah - I liked that one too. The reviewer's a genuine "car guy", and he understood the Mirage and got a kick out of driving the manual. We've got a thread on that one: US: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage video review by Autobytel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks-I'll go check out that review!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Second 1000 Miles:

After spending another 20 hours or so hours in the Mirage I've got to say that I'm getting used to the body roll and hardly notice it anymore. The past few weeks have been snowy and miserable in Indiana and the Mirage has handled it pretty well. On numerous occasions I could feel the onset of a little skid or slide, but the traction control took care of it and kept the car going straight. The thin tires also help for maintaining traction.

With all the crummy weather, the potholes have been multiplying in Indiana. While the suspension handles them quite well, I ended up putting a heck of dent in one of the rims and losing a hubcap. The rim was about $100 to replace, but the dealership wanted and outrageous $104 (more than the rim) for ONE plastic wheel cover. Autozone sold me a set of 4 hubcaps for $25, and the other three Mitsu hubcaps are now on Ebay. Guard your hubcaps...or buy mine

Since it's unlikely that anyone will be sitting in the back seat, I removed the head rests from the back seat to improve visibility through the rear-view mirror. I wish I had done that in the first 1000 miles.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yttrium For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-20-2014),Mikhail (01-20-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You should show us pics of the new hub caps

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Thanks for the update. Owner reviews are so much nicer than the 'pro' reviews.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)