Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MirageRally Side Skirts+Other things

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool MirageRally Side Skirts+Other things

Finally got the Side Skirts and Put them on...lol.....*Will update when l put the Canards+Rally Wing on*.

Name:  Car1.jpg
Views: 1877
Size:  98.9 KB

Name:  Car2.jpg
Views: 1478
Size:  56.0 KB

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MirageRally; 01-04-2021 at 08:31 PM.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also All credit goes to Subcompact Culture as he helped me order them and posted an article on how to install them

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (08-24-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Your new side skirts look great, MirageRally. Finishes the looks of your car. I have a dark grey Mirage, but I might get black side skirts. I also want to do an off centre stripe, but a black stripe on my dark grey car. Then the stripe doesn't stand out.

Name:  mustang.jpg
Views: 1244
Size:  93.0 KB
    Last edited by dspace9; 08-22-2020 at 11:19 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Your new side skirts look great, MirageRally. Finishes the looks of your car. I have a dark grey Mirage, but I might get black side skirts. I also want to do an off centre stripe, but a black stripe on my dark grey car. Then the stripe doesn't stand out.
    A Pin Stripe will look awesome on your car Dspace9!!! Be careful with installing the Side Skirts bc it has 3M tape and mine are not on the same level on each side...one is higher than the other...Also the Protection film can't be installed on my car...bc of my dinged fenders...yeah...but if the 3M tape starts coming off l'm screwing in bolts into the rocker panels to hold it against the bumper

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-22-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    A Pin Stripe will look awesome on your car Dspace9!!! Be careful with installing the Side Skirts bc it has 3M tape and mine are not on the same level on each side...one is higher than the other.
    I would do 10 dry fits before sticking the side skirt on. If I was you I would also get the rear bumper skirts. Might as well to finish the look.And obviously you put those side skirts on like a pro. Tricky thing though eh.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I've been a Mirage owner 6.5+ years now. Kinda thinking it's time to personalize. I have added deer whistles and I have used alloys on my car now. But otherwise my Mirage looks the same as the day my car was delivered. I always thought my Mirage exterior didn't quite look "done" - side skirts could help.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Best Thing about us Car Enthusiasts is we take a car and "make it ours" we make it "unique"...that's why l love cars...so many people have different tastes and even just putting different Headlight bulbs in or adding a Wing make a car "pop"...l may get old...but l will never stop loving everything about cars...l learn something new everyday

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Best Thing about us Car Enthusiasts is we take a car and "make it ours" we make it "unique"...that's why l love cars...so many people have different tastes and even just putting different Headlight bulbs in or adding a Wing make a car "pop"...l may get old...but l will never stop loving everything about cars...l learn something new everyday
    Well said, good man!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-22-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    For me, I am usually a "stock" guy when it comes to cars. Let me give you a quick example. A stock Mazda RX-7 is worth a lot more money than one that has been customized, whether under the hood, or the aesthetics or whatever.. Paint, add on's etc. I'm not saying our 6th gen Mirage's will ever be valuable collectors items, but you see the stock condition old Mitsu Lancer EVOs and they are going for more money when they are not moded.

To each their own, and car culture fits in everyone from every mold and taste.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    For me, I am usually a "stock" guy when it comes to cars. Let me give you a quick example. A stock Mazda RX-7 is worth a lot more money than one that has been customized, whether under the hood, or the aesthetics or whatever.. Paint, add on's etc. I'm not saying our 6th gen Mirage's will ever be valuable collectors items, but you see the stock condition old Mitsu Lancer EVOs and they are going for more money when they are not moded.

To each their own, and car culture fits in everyone from every mold and taste.
    True, some cars are not worth much money to begin with and are better to Modify to get the best out of your investment or to fit your style...other cars are more when left stock....when l get a Toyota Camry V6 will you see a body kit and color scheme on it?...No, bc if l wanted to sell it lt'll go for more if nothing's been done to it. Like you said...everyone has their own tastes plus the 2 biggest investments l know of are Cars and Houses....so if you're thr type of person that drives A-B, keep it stock...but for me it's always been how can l make it look better than stock? Good luck with the side skirts My Friend if you need help look up Subcompact Culture's article.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    True, some cars are not worth much money to begin with and are better to Modify to get the best out of your investment or to fit your style...other cars are more when left stock....when l get a Toyota Camry V6 will you see a body kit and color scheme on it?...No, bc if l wanted to sell it lt'll go for more if nothing's been done to it. Like you said...everyone has their own tastes plus the 2 biggest investments l know of are Cars and Houses....so if you're thr type of person that drives A-B, keep it stock...but for me it's always been how can l make it look better than stock? Good luck with the side skirts My Friend if you need help look up Subcompact Culture's article.
    Cars and houses are your two biggest living costs, but only one is an investment. Your house just keeps going up in value, and a car does the exact opposite with depreciation.

I will check out Subcompact Culture's article on sideskirts. Their Mirage is actually one of my personal favourites on the forum.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-26-2020)