Thread: Give my Mirage a little bit more protection, with pics

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Give my Mirage a little bit more protection, with pics

Really love this small star, save fuel and fun to drive.
    Never been that relaxed sitting in traffic in downtown Toronto. LOL
    Already put almost 21,000 on little sweet for owning less than a year

First project was sealing up the huge gaps between bonnet and other panels
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  92.9 KB
    Between the bumper and bonnet, a door weatherstrip was used to be not only a hood stone chip protection, but a gap seal. The side of bumper, I installed another seal originally used for F150 tailgate seal to make sure no air leaks thru that huge gap! At the side, z-shaped rubber seals are perfect fit to keep water and dirt out of my engine compartment.
    Name:  5.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  90.6 KB

Factory all weather floor liners came with my vehicle, thanks to my sales, but I still highly recommend weathertech liners. The coverage is much better if you live in salt belt and you want to keep your frame corrosion free for years.
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  98.6 KB

When the vehicle was delivered to me, I had never thought about huge amount of moisture in the engine compartment at the passenger side. serpentine belt and alternator are not supposed to be water washed every time you go to car wash or even in raining days.
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  96.1 KB

Tried to dig out some old threads about mud guards, but it seems not so many owners (2017 after) have this. I did try and work out perfectly. I did not drill the third hole to have third clip installed. Looks solid, unlike some other OEM ones....very sketchy... leaving gaps and flapping. LOL
    Name:  6.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  87.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES Limited 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MigWay For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-23-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Also.... if anyone is looking for headlights upgrade, I would recommend BPS lighting. It is direct fit just like a few others on the market. Their quality is outstanding! Great cutoff lines, like factory halogens. No fans. Solid product finishing. I have already thrown those old LEDs in the trunk. They are cheap, but blinds all surroundings no matter how I adjust the height of lamp.....

The other recommendation is to change your CVT side cartridge filter! Mine was sitting at dealer's lot for a year before I bring it home. I noticed whirring noise and lurk sometimes when ratio changes. works fine for another 5000 km after a flush and a filter changed

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES Limited 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MigWay For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-24-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would recommend taking your car for a yearly spray at your local Krown Rust Control centre.

That's what I've done every year, and my 2014 Mirage is in great shape overall. I sound like a broken record on this one, but not everyone knows about Krown. I go to the one in downtown London, old east by the tracks. Neat to walk around there every year while I wait for krown application to be done.

Just like kjroger posted on the thread "what did you do to your Mirage today?" a few hours ago.. they do the same with their Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I had my cvt fluid and side filter changed a few months back but the whirring noise seems more pronounced when Im under 2k roms and 20 mph. I hope its just the JATCO being its usual janky self and not an indication of future big problems soon.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    @MigWay

heres a vid how to fix the front bumper gap.

but for my hatchback i only did the 4 tabs on the top, pulled up a bit.

Name:  20200824_211248.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  83.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-24-2020),Top_Fuel (08-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MigWay View Post
    Also.... if anyone is looking for headlights upgrade, I would recommend BPS lighting. It is direct fit just like a few others on the market. Their quality is outstanding! Great cutoff lines, like factory halogens. No fans. Solid product finishing. I have already thrown those old LEDs in the trunk. They are cheap, but blinds all surroundings no matter how I adjust the height of lamp.....
    Hey MigWay, what model lamps are you referring to from BPS? Their website lists a bunch for my 2015:

BPS Product Results: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage

They list lamps for the headlights (LED and HID), foglights, back up (reverse), brakes & license.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    @dspace9
    I usually do rust proofing quite frequently. Never tried Krown, but fluid film, rust check and CRC HD corrosion inhibitor.
    In winter time, I do have monthly pass car wash to remove salt everyday. Love this little bud. Hope she will last forever.

@Dirk Diggler
    My dad is still driving 1992 Nissan March(Micra) NCVT
    the electromagnetic clutch went bad, but never on pully and belt.
    my Focus(EU) coming with 4F27E is still shifting fine.
    seems Jatco is not building solid trannies but not nearly a crap...needs some extra care is a must.LOL

@mitsumi
    Salamat po.Thought about it when I pulled the bumper off, but had no pliers at that moment. will take a try next time.

@Eggman
    I chose ultraV LED 9003 to replace my halogens. The rest remains the same. Now waiting for Hella FogYellow H11 halogens to replace stocks. Actually, this is the first vehicle I've owned that I feel bulbs upgrades are needed, and none of my old toys are LED or HID, just regular halogens.