Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Man, I love this little car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfixit View Post
    I've had my little 2018 Mirage ES for about a year and a half, and I still love it.
    There are some cars that we buy and that feeling wears off pretty quickly. Buyers remorse, or just the realization that you bought junk. Well, this car hasn't failed to impress me yet! I get mid 40's mileage-wise, and it's far more comfortable than my old Toyota Echo. I've done a few factory upgrades and one aftermarket one to make it a little more my own, but to be honest even if I'd left it bone stock it would still be a great car.

I wish it got a fair shake as far as reviews go. There really isn't any other small car that comes close when it comes to milage, comfort, and price, not to mention reliablilty reports. I keep hearing that Mitsubishi is having issues here in the states with slow sales and I'd hate to think that someday these little cars may no longer be avalible here. My wife really really wants a yellow 2021 like the ones they have been showing on YouTube. While I like the 2018's front end better, she thinks those 2021's look cool.
    Anyway I just wanted to stop by and say that as an owner I can't say enough good things about these little cars!
    I've had just the opposite of buyer's remorse. I'm just over a year and 30,000 miles with my G4 CVT. I bought it because it was cheap, good MPG, and decent features. Now, a year later I can't believe what an amazing little car it is. I have genuine fun driving this car, and part of the fun is the CVT-actively using the Ds mode. While the power numbers are modest, I never ever ever feel like I've wasted money on power I can't or won't use-especially legally. I do delivery for Amazon. The absolute worse mileage I've gotten is upper 20's-and that's like 3 hours of constantly being on, idling, AC on full, and a lot of hills. But by the time I drive home, I'm back in the mid 30's. And otherwise, I'm always in the 40-50 mpg range. The car has always started, always reliable. I honestly am so pleased I bought this car!!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Go4th For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-29-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    I like how the 18's look. Wish I waited for those instead, haha. I've got a 2015. Bought mine when it only had 50 miles!

Totally agree about the buyer's remorse. I really thought I was going to have that too but nope, 4 years later, it's still a blast to drive. Just actually got done driving it a little over 300 miles during a cabin trip. I'm really contemplating about getting a CVT Mirage but we'll see. The 5 spd is super fun but somedays, I just feel extra lazy, haha!
    I taught myself to drive stick shift when I was 12, by watching what my parents did. My last stick shift car (which was supposed to be my forever car until a Wrangler rear ended me last year) was a 2013 FIAT 500 Abarth. I loved that car, I loved driving that car. And then I bought a CVT G4. And you know, a year later I would hands down do it again. In fact, I think it's more fun and practical than the 5 spd manual. I use Ds mode all the time. I always get a reliable 1,000 downshift with a flick of the lever to the right. No wrong gear or RPM too high or too low, or rev matching. Flick back to the left for the down shift. Or leave it in Ds for some pretty genuinely zippy driving at speed. I also redline all the time-which isn't hard to do lol. I actually have as much, if not more to drive than my Abarth do to the amount of engagement I can chose to have with the shifting. I'd really suggest driving the CVT and actively using Ds. It might make a believer out of you!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I got a cvt because I like getting in being lazy and driving. I'd be irritated if my transmission blew up tomorrow but I don't see any signs of failure yet. I worry more about sharknado's and samsquanches.
    Ditto, but couple with cruise and you couldn't get cruise with the 5 spd on the 2018's. Also, my Shark robot vacuum is named Sharknado. And I'm in the PNW, Squatch territory. Hope I can outrun him with 78 hp....!!!! :P

I still love mine.

Haven't driven it in over a week, but I had a realization today: I'm probably never buying another $1000 winter beater.

For many years it's been my pattern to buy a winter beater every year or two. Something I could get cheap (say $1000-$2500) because it needed a few repairs or minor bodywork, and that I knew I could sell a year later andmake a few bucks on (or at least break even.)

But $1000 cars sometimes break. And it sucks having to do repairs in the winter, unless you have a heated shop. (I sort of do ... not very well insulated, and wood heat ... but it's still a pain in the butt.)

Good, cheap Mirages that *don't* need repairs are the BEST!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)