Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rusted coolant pipe

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyb View Post
    ...one or more of the items in your order (Order 1539779) has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is not currently in stock...
    So the moral of the story is...don't ever be in a position to need that pipe!

...i found a local salvage yard that has a 2015 motor with 1,300 miles...yes 1,300, the odometer still works!
    Might be worth jumping on it if you have a place to store it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyb View Post
    I love Blaster, i buy it by the gallon. Been spraying the bolts every day. But...

Unfortunately, one or more of the items in your order (Order 1539779) has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is not currently in stock at our warehouse. Even after searching our extensive network of parts locators and vintage parts suppliers, we regret that we’re unable to fulfill your order at this time. To prevent any further inconvenience, we’ll be issuing your refund within the next 24 hours.

Looks like i wont be getting a new one. I looked at the route of the metal tube, it transitions to a rubber line before it goes into the heater core. I'm going to remove the metal tube, cut the flange off and weld a hose barb to it, then run a rubber line directly to the heater core. There is a small tube that branches off the metal tube near the right side of the head. I'll have to see where it goes and devise a work-around for it.

In the process of calling around trying to find a used coolant tube i found a local salvage yard that has a 2015 motor with 1,300 miles...yes 1,300, the odometer still works! It's still in the car and complete, they want $600 for the motor with all accessories from intake to oil pan. I think I'm going to buy it. I already spent $50 on a used alternator and $100 on a used AC compressor and I've tried unsuccessfully to spend $80 on a coolant tube.
    Was this Mitsubishi OEM that doesnt make the part anymore??

Edit: never mind, earlier posts sound like aftertmarket part.

Last edited by AtomicPunk; 09-14-2020 at 11:33 PM.