Thread: Anyone own an Outlander?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Anyone own an Outlander?

Ok, its not a Mirage question, but it is its big brother. Was thinking of picking up a used Outlander and wondered if anyone had any experience with them. Like the Mirage, "professional" reviewers don't seem to like it. Same complaints of older tech, handling...but if they are as reliable as the Mirage, I'm interested. Safety ratings look good, too.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Neighbor owned a new 13 Outlander Sport ES AWD til last summer no issues a recall or two. Wife wanted a Subaru dont know if she misses the outlander but her husband does had 90000 miles on it.

Post Clerk New 18 GT AWD loaded has the 2.4 she loves it trouble free one or two recalls dont know how many miles on the odo. Wasnt a fan of CVT her first CVT she is use to it. Had a caddy small SUV before and prefers the Outlander. Says its great in snow-ice. Know it still has factory tires and shes replacing tires before winter.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DottandDolores For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-05-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Forgot to add wicked deals sometimes on the used fwd-5 speeds couldnt believe the pricing but that was last fall when I paid attention.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DottandDolores For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-05-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    The reviews I've read are good. Its touted as underpowered and archaic but reliable and easy to work on. This review is neutral and fair.

https://youtu.be/TcIDPHfeK4w

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Outlander Sport is definitely the vehicle I'll be looking at when we have kids. The wedding is just 2 weeks away! I'd rather have a minivan has I believe it can do everything an SUV or CUV can do but better. My fiance doesn't agree, she only likes sedans or cuv for aesthetic reasons. I'd kill for a Delica but a used Mazda5, Sienna, or a Nissan Quest would do. The Quest is also cheaper and uses a traditional auto tranny. Any thoughts on the Quest?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I own a 2019 Outlander Sport with the manual 5 speed transmission. Love driving it and has been problem free. Fuel economy is outstanding also.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (09-05-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Outlander Sport is definitely the vehicle I'll be looking at when we have kids. The wedding is just 2 weeks away! I'd rather have a minivan has I believe it can do everything an SUV or CUV can do but better. My fiance doesn't agree, she only likes sedans or cuv for aesthetic reasons. I'd kill for a Delica but a used Mazda5, Sienna, or a Nissan Quest would do. The Quest is also cheaper and uses a traditional auto tranny. Any thoughts on the Quest?
    I'd get these vehicle differences settled before saying "I do!"

I hope your wedding goes well!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-05-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'd get these vehicle differences settled before saying "I do!"

I hope your wedding goes well!
    Thank you Mark! I'm nervous but happy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I also have a 2019 Outlander Sport ES FWD 5 speed. By far one of my favorite vehicles for daily driver use.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Ok, its not a Mirage question, but it is its big brother. Was thinking of picking up a used Outlander and wondered if anyone had any experience with them. Like the Mirage, "professional" reviewers don't seem to like it. Same complaints of older tech, handling...but if they are as reliable as the Mirage, I'm interested. Safety ratings look good, too.
    I had an RVR for a rental for 3 days, back in 2017 or 2018. Felt comfortable and roomy. Outlander Sport is the same CUV in the USA. It is like an oversized Lancer, kinda like the old Escape is to the old Focus.

RVR's ride is very comfortable, way more spacious, and WAY less bumpy than my Mirage, except in the legroom department they are too close for comfort...4/10 considering the size of the RVR. But overall, you really feel more space when you are driving around. RVR rental seemed good on gas, but I only drove 200 km's. I never even figured out the cruise. The auto shifter is weird and hard to figure out. Cruise is hard to figure out on the fly. But I think it's just a dressed up Dodge Caliber at the end of the day, same goes with the EVO, good or bad. At least that's what I read in Lemon Aid Used Car Guide book last year.

I think the Eclipse Cross is more up to date, so I am looking at used ones of those eventually. I have seen a few in real life, and on the highway twice now, and yes kinda funny looking, but actually good looking. And the RVR err Outlander Sport, is looking older. Classic looks, but I think I will wait for the new 2022 Outlander full-size, to see what it looks like.

Not sure why, but a lot of the time Mitsubishi SUVs are on the cheaper end of the used market

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)