Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So sick of these reviews such click bait......

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    TBF - Most modern cars are so high-tech/powerful/luxurious compared to what they used to be, that the Mirage does seem lacking in comparison. The weak engine, poor ride feel, and loud cabin (due to lack of soundproofing) are things that aren't really seen anymore these days. Mind you, when a lot of people are taking out 7 year long loans on vehicles, they really shouldn't be.

All that being said, if you stop and consider what the average person NEEDS their car to do (not WANTS it to do because of other emotional needs/expectations), the Mirage really does tick all the boxes. Most reviews will at least acknowledge this at the end, with a nod to the affordable price as well, but as you said, "moderate" statements just don't get taken seriously anymore. Extreme statements get the clicks! "Car Journalist BLASTS Mitsubishi Over Mirage"!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Most modern cars are so high-tech/powerful/luxurious compared to what they used to be, that the Mirage does seem lacking in comparison. The weak engine, poor ride feel, and loud cabin (due to lack of soundproofing) are things that aren't really seen anymore these days.
    I agree and it sucks that the "reviewers" are actually comparing a $10,000 car to a car that's usually 4-5 times the price of the Mirage too. I can't stand watching "mainstream car reviewers" now since it's just clickbait and they immediately compare the Mirage to another car that's way out of it's class.

I don't think the car is the issue, it's the actual person making an 'uneducated' review on it. First, it needs a click bait title that triggers someone to click on the link. 2nd, they will immediately trash it because it's what every reviewer is saying because they need to keep up with the other reviewers. I just stopped reading/watching car reviews. Some of the car reviews are just straight up trash and you can tell the reviewer has never done basic maintenance on a car by comparing the car to woodworking.

Anyways, it's easy to for any 'reviewer' to trigger clicks. All you have to do is write up an article about "10 reasons you should never buy (car)" or "Watch this video before you Buy a (car)" along with an thumbnail image of oil leaks, leaks, broken muffler, haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    https://www.motorbiscuit.com/avoid-b...-at-all-costs/

How do I email this writer? Unbelievably stupid writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Just ignore it Dirk. The more page views it gets, the more money it makes. It’s not about factual information , it’s about generating revenue so they load these articles up with a bunch of nonsense to get people to visit the page. The best thing you can do is don’t click the link.
    I won't bother giving the link a click.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    True. It bothers me though she ignores the major awards t j.g e Mirage has won including highest % of owners buying another one and best used value from Vincentric.
    I compare the Mirage to our nv200's.

The Nissan's are always having broken sliding door handles, the tires wear crazy fast, a piece of the window sill trim falls off then water freezes the door latch, the security system randomly prevents the vans from starting in -25 to -30C, I've had 2 mirrors rust off them. One on a 2018 and one on a 2017. The aluminum mount with steel screws trap water at the pivot and they just turn to powder, unbelievable having parts fall off a 2 year old vehicle. The wiring harness under the console and behind random trim pieces aren't secured properly. Just assembled totally half-assed.

The only junky assembled part(other than poorly placed kick panel connectors, but that's mainly an issue caused by people who track gobs of snow and salt into the car than smash against the kick panel) on a Mirage I've come across is on a bunch of 2017's the drivers window regulator bolts loosen up and tear up the door. Easy enough fix if you catch it early enough.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)