Thread: USB Charging Ports for Button Blanks

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

USB Charging Ports for Button Blanks

I usually keep my phone mounted to the left of the steering wheel, and running a cable all the way from the center console, under my feet, and up the side of the door is a bit of an accident waiting to happen.

Has anyone installed a USB charging port in any of the button blanks to the left of the steering wheel? I'm talking something like this.

I'm looking around for some, but our blanks seem to be a weird 32mmx22mm size...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-07-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    I usually keep my phone mounted to the left of the steering wheel, and running a cable all the way from the center console, under my feet, and up the side of the door is a bit of an accident waiting to happen.

Has anyone installed a USB charging port in any of the button blanks to the left of the steering wheel? I'm talking something like this.

I'm looking around for some, but our blanks seem to be a weird 32mmx22mm size...
    I don't have a data plan, so my newer LG phone stays fully charged for a week or more. I could probably hypermill my phone for a long time. That wasn't the intent or plan. But the first week I got my free phone upgrade, I noticed wow what great battery longevity.

Best of luck keep us posted on your idea. It's a good one, I could see Mitsubishi stealing your idea.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.8 mpg (US) ... 17.8 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post

I'm pretty sure this would fit...
    US $13.14 22%OFF | Car Quick Charge 3 charging ports charger Dual USB adapter For Mitsubishi Outlander 3 Xpander Mirage Eclipse Cross asx 2018 2019
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mM3WgmL
    (blank signature)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (09-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I'm pretty sure this would fit...
    US $13.14 22%OFF | Car Quick Charge 3 charging ports charger Dual USB adapter For Mitsubishi Outlander 3 Xpander Mirage Eclipse Cross asx 2018 2019
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mM3WgmL
    Oh snap! That's a great find! Even have one with the red/orange lighting!

I'll put in an order and let y'all know how it goes.