Thread: Best Place to have regular maintenance done

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Best Place to have regular maintenance done

Hi

I just bought a used 2015 Mirage ES in canada. it has 42,000KM on it
    I see the oil was changed recently but the CVT has not and neither has the coolant or brake, or power steering.

Where is the best place to have this work done. At a trust private shop or my local dealership?
    The car has about 1 month left on the comprehensive warranty. The rear axle is being replaced under that warranty.

Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cleadus_fetus For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-08-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cleadus_fetus View Post
    Hi

I see the oil was changed recently but the CVT has not and neither has the coolant or brake, or power steering.

Where is the best place to have this work done. At a trust private shop or my local dealership?
    The car has about 1 month left on the comprehensive warranty. The rear axle is being replaced under that warranty.

Thanks.
    Might not hurt to get all of the above service done at the same time at the dealer.. same time as the rear axle, just getting it all done.. then later postwarranty take to another shop.

I take my Mirage to my local Ford, and they charge around $48-50 for oil and filter. And get this the Mitsubishi dealer charged almost $110. And took 2 hours sometimes. Ford has better service for way less money. I won't say Mitsubishi ever did a bad job, only they were expensive. Even for a dealer they are expensive, so doubly expensive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (09-08-2020)

Hi

Thanks.
    The best place is to do it yourself. I'm not fond of dealerships. If you have no clue how to change your oil maybe it's best to just find someone who can do it for you.

Don't bother replacing your power steering fluid, can't change what isn't there.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Relax. You have some time.

Here in the US, the coolant does not need to be changed until ten years or 120,000 miles. That is nearly 200,000 kilometers. The factory fill is Mitsubishi's "Long Life" coolant. As Fummins said, there is no power steering fluid. The power steering on these cars is electrically assisted.

At only 26,000 miles, you are due for nothing but oil changes for the next 34,000 miles...or right around 100,000 km.

The manual says you need a CVT service at about 96,000 kilometers so you have some time to figure out how you want to handle maintenance. Really, all you need to do right now is find someone to do your oil changes if you prefer to not do them yourself.

Severe schedule calls for cvt fluid at around 50,000km(30,000miles){at least that's what I recalled?. Most people up here fall into the severe schedule...Stop and go traffic, short trips,cold temps, etc......
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Severe schedule calls for cvt fluid at around 50,000km(30,000miles){at least that's what I recalled?. Most people up here fall into the severe schedule...Stop and go traffic, short trips,cold temps, etc......
    D'oh! Yeah, you are right. It is 30k miles for Severe Service, and I'd stick to it. I think 60k may be for the manual gear oil.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I thought it also said to do the coolant and CVT at five years.

Thanks for the great replies everyone.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I thought it also said to do the coolant and CVT at five years.

Thanks for the great replies everyone.
    Canada may be different as far as the coolant goes, but I doubt it. Here is the US maintenance schedule, and the coolant is mentioned at the very bottom.

Personally, I think most of these recommendations are quite conservative.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Anything you can do yourself is good if you can't independent shop speak with family, friends, co workers for recomnendations.

Here got a mailer from Mitsu dealer $79 to replace air and cabin filter did both myself for $25 bucks.