Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1991 Dodge Shadow 5 speed convertible for sale

Country
    United States
    Thanks

1991 Dodge Shadow 5 speed convertible for sale

Here's the link to the Facebook marketplace ad for the car. It has a lot more personal history and story than the ad says but someone buying it doesn't care about that. It's NEVER seen a salty road... ever.

Name:  shadow.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  95.4 KB

1991 Dodge Shadow · Highline Convertible 2D

$2,500

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Vehicles[/COLOR]

Listed 2 days ago in Machesney Park, IL

Driven 62,750 miles
    Manual transmission

• 4-Cyl, 2.5 Liter
    • AM/FM Stereo
    • FWD
    • Manual, 5-Spd

Seller's description

Up for sale is a very nice 1991 Dodge Shadow convertible. It has a 5 speed manual transmission. A stick shift, 3 pedal, have to operate a clutch, and so on. NOT AN AUTOMATIC. I bought this car from the original owner, enjoyed it for a few years, and sold it to a good friend. He was too tall to really enjoy it (he's 6' 8") so he asked me to find it a new home. It's got 62,750 original miles... Way low for the age. The original owner just used it for parades! It has power windows, power steering, am/fm radio, and that's about it. Newer head gasket, timing belt, valve cover gasket, thermostat, thermostat housing, radiator hoses, spark plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, shifter bushings, air filter, pcv valve, pcv elbow, and so on. Top replaced around 2010 by previous owner, it's in great shape. Looking for $2500 or best offer. Cross posted. Please, no trades

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...05580196535674

Last edited by MetroMPG; 09-08-2020 at 05:27 PM. Reason: (added info to post)
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-08-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Here's the link to the Facebook marketplace ad for the car. It has a lot more personal history and story than the ad says but someone buying it doesn't care about that. It's NEVER seen a salty road... ever.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...05580196535674
    Nice car! Shadow is in good shape, look at the nice interior. Chryslers were always miles ahead in interiors. Is the 2.5 a Mitsubishi engine?

I saw a blue one identical for sale near me, here in southern Ontario (near Port Huron MI).

Cheers hope the sale goes well! I'd be interested in the personal history behind the car. I'd keep that and your Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Wow, that's an amazing car. I haven't seen one probably for a couple of decades.

Hope you don't mind I copied some of the FB ad into your post (the ad is going to disappear at some point).

I love the part of the description where you say

A stick shift, 3 pedal, have to operate a clutch, and so on. NOT AN AUTOMATIC.
    Both my brother and I have had idiot buyers who don't understand "5-speed manual transmission" come see a car for sale, end up leaving because they don't drive stick! I have started including "not an automatic" in descriptions too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's nothing too crazy. I bought it from the original owner who finally decided to let it go after it sat in her barn/garage thing for years after her husband passed away. It was in bad mechanical condition but I still made it back home after taking out the seized thermostat and half the center console to hold the shift cables onto the shifter haha. Fixed all the broken stuff, enjoyed it for a few years, then sold it to my good friend to help pay off some bills unfortunately. Sold it to a close friend of mine who had it for a while but could NOT drive it comfortably since he's really tall. It sat at his place for a while and the head gasket let go. He gave it back to me and told me to fix and sell it to help pay off the driveway expansion I did at my house since he has stuff up here that sits here as well. So, it sat for a while again, I fixed it, and now it needs a new home! I'd keep it but I have too many cars for one and I already have a nice 1992 LeBaron V6 5 speed convertible so I really don't need two convertibles to have to store inside.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh, and no, the 2.5L TBI is a Chrysler engine. My LeBaron has the 3.0L V6 that is a Mitsubishi engine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-09-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Both my brother and I have had idiot buyers who don't understand "5-speed manual transmission" come see a car for sale, end up leaving because they don't drive stick! I have started including "not an automatic" in descriptions too.
    I have had this happen so...many...times. It is amazing how many people just assume every car is an automatic even when you tell them repeatedly that your car isn't.

Cool little car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is this an automatic? If so, I'll be there with cash in hand!!!! Tonight lol.

Nice rare car.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-09-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Is this an automatic? If so, I'll be there with cash in hand!!!! Tonight lol.

Nice rare car.
    Hahahahaha yeah it probably would have sold if it was an auto. Although it would make it unfun to drive.

Just say being a stick is a good thing, it's far less likely to be stolen! Especially since it an easy grab being an older dodge and convertible lol. I worked with a guy years ago who could pop those old dodge ignition tumblers out in seconds and not damage the steering column covers. That guy was in and out of jail a lot lol.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-09-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah hahahaha. They weren't hard to steal, that's a true fact.