Thread: Install OEM Cruise Control 2015 CVT in CANADA

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Install OEM Cruise Control 2015 CVT in CANADA

Hi I'm in canada.

I have 2015 Mirage ES CVT.
    My local dealership sells the cruise switch but they advise that they are not able to install it successfully.
    They wouldn't go into great detail. Would you guys be able to advise on this.

I can get and install the switch if it is plug and play.

Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just did this recently myself.

If your Mirage has the audio controls on the steering wheel already, the cruise control buttons are super easy to install. Just remove a single screw on the rear of the right of the steering wheel (it's at a really weird angle, so you'll need a really short/small screwdriver) and pop out the blank plate that's currently there. All of the wiring will already be there - the blank even has a socket to hold the connector for the wiring. Just swap over the plate with the buttons and snap things back together. The lights should work and everything.

You will need to enable some settings in the ECU to get the car to actually respond to the buttons, though. I haven't done this yet, but there are some guides here on the forum on how to do it. Search "ETACS".

Mine is a 2018 ES CVT.

Quote Originally Posted by cleadus_fetus View Post
    Hi I'm in canada.

My local dealership sells the cruise switch but they advise that they are not able to install it successfully.

Thanks
    The one dealer in town that I've dealt with is filled with retards who don't have a clue wtf they're talking about. Is your car an es or es plus?
    As mentioned above, if you have radio controls/bluetooth controls on the steering wheel then you have it easy.

But if you have the all black steering wheel then things will be harder. You'll likely need a new clock spring, steering wheel, and need either a different brake switch. Basically a pita and would be easier buying one of daox's kits or a rostra setup.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have the radio buttons on the left side already.
    My problems is the Dealership said that they tried this before and were not able to get it working.

The switch is $230 CAD from them as well.

I live in canada and a lot of things are locked down. For example here we have to go to the dealership to program a new key.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The one dealer in town that I've dealt with is filled with retards who don't have a clue wtf they're talking about. Is your car an es or es plus?
    As mentioned above, if you have radio controls/bluetooth controls on the steering wheel then you have it easy.

But if you have the all black steering wheel then things will be harder. You'll likely need a new clock spring, steering wheel, and need either a different brake switch. Basically a pita and would be easier buying one of daox's kits or a rostra setup.
    My problems is the Dealership said that they tried this before and were not able to get it working.

I live in canada and a lot of things are locked down. For example here we have to go to the dealership to program a new key.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hey there!

I don't have any experience with using the OEM cruise switch in the steering wheel, as my DE just had the plain jane steering wheel.

So I ended up buying the Doax cruise button that pops in where the blanking plate is for the push button start would be, then wired it into the steering wheel cable that way (I did have to splice cables, soldered and taped for good measure!)

Then, I bought a USB cable to connect to my car to program it, enabled cruise and voila!

Works great, aside from there being no LED in the cluster to light up when it's 'on' but I can live with that.

With my 2014 DE it actually already had the correct cruise brake switch oddly, so I bought it but didn't need to install it.
    Last edited by javensbukan; 09-09-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Wait, if the dealership say's something then I guess everyone on this forum who's successfully done it was full of crap. lol.
    Do a search on this forum. It's been done I'm sure. The wires are already there, you should already have the proper brake switch. It should just be a matter of finding the proper menu in the scan tool/etacs and activating it. But maybe I'm full of crap?

Your dealership sounds as incompetent as the one I'm stuck dealing with for work. They told me the mirage does not have any filter in the cvt transmission. Two different times. After buying some from that same dealership months earlier.
    I'd suggest finding another dealership or private shop with a capable scan tool. Or do some more research and try to program it yourself.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Hi I'm in canada.

Thanks
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...5-speed-Manual

Install the correct cruise switch rather than dick around with outlander parts and swapping resistors....then skip to step 3.

Edit: That one isn't very helpful. Try this https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post68792

And because you're in Canada and have bluetooth and no cruise your car is actually an ES PLUS, not an ES. The plus package was about a $4000 option and added rear power windows, air conditioning, and keyless entry.
    Attachment 19195

Last edited by Fummins; 09-09-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Mirage videos: