Thread: Finding Motor Mounts

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Finding Motor Mounts

Hey guys. Couple of questions. Looking to try and find replacement motor mounts, ones I find are very expensive on Mitsubishi websites. Even on ebay for the set of 3 is $400. Just wondering if there is anything cheaper out there. Wondering too if there a lighter route I could go as well to save a few pounds. As of instead of steel maybe have aluminum mounts. Just to see. Thanks!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnestovia View Post
    Just wondering if there is anything cheaper out there. Wondering too if there a lighter route I could go as well !
    I can't help you with the lighter ones, but have you tried a wrecking yard??? It sounds like most of them will ship these days... Good Luck...

Roger
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnestovia View Post
    Hey guys. Couple of questions. Looking to try and find replacement motor mounts, ones I find are very expensive on Mitsubishi websites. Even on ebay for the set of 3 is $400. Just wondering if there is anything cheaper out there. Wondering too if there a lighter route I could go as well to save a few pounds. As of instead of steel maybe have aluminum mounts. Just to see. Thanks!
    Why would you replace your motor mounts? The only vehicles I have replaced them on were early 90's mazda trucks and some Sonics. I've yet to see one on a Mirage fail personally. One car maintained by an independent shop hours away claimed a Mirage needed a motor mount. I never did hear the outcome of that, I assume it was another misdiagnosis. The only issues I've had with mounts/engine vibration were caused by rocks and/or ice being jammed between the subframe and lower rear engine mount. Unless these things are neutral dropped or trying to do burnouts with them they shouldn't need replacing after a few years imo..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)