Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
It's on the "to do" list with next oil change/tire rotation (btw teh Vredstein Quadtrac's are freakin' amazing). In the past I've been horrible (and VERY lucky) with car maintenance. I figure this is the perfect time (and car) to keep on it
Related to what Eggman mentioned. If I owned a CVT, I would have the fluid changed at 30,000 miles. I would also insist the necessary filters are done at the same time. I should clarify what I said. If fluid has filters to go with it, I would have those changed, too. I don't know much about CVT transmissions, but I would insist on seeing my old filters. Two reasons - determine changing them is necessary & proof it was done.

You may need to explore more on other threads. I would know more than the service manager when making the appointment. Sometimes, that's not hard to do. Some service managers are awesome, however!

If a dealer wants to charge you for a manual transmission filter, you are being taken!

I like to hear what others think about the Vredestein Quadtrac tires. They are bit more expensive (approximately $91/tire @ tirerack.com) this year.