Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CVT failures? (It's been a while since we've heard of one)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I recently spoke to the senior technician at the Mitsubishi dealership where I bought my 2019 Mirage from, and he said they have only done one CVT replacement in all the years the Mirage has been on the market in Canada. He said that the Mirage CVT generally doesn't have too many issues when properly maintained and not having the heck driven out of it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spiritorb For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I have, the Mitsu dealership only does a flush, no drain and fill.
    How much did your dealership charge for flush? I went to an AAMCO which I believe only drained and it was $225. I called a Mitsu dealership for price and they said $275 but I didn't ask if it was flush or drain. If it's flush, I wouldn't mind paying the extra $$$.

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    How much did your dealership charge for flush? I went to an AAMCO which I believe only drained and it was $225. I called a Mitsu dealership for price and they said $275 but I didn't ask if it was flush or drain. If it's flush, I wouldn't mind paying the extra $$$.
    $250 at the dealership but I'm only using Aamco because the shop near me is excellent and only $200 for drain and fill. They also changed my filter for extra but I can't remember I think total service was around $300.

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritorb View Post
    I recently spoke to the senior technician at the Mitsubishi dealership where I bought my 2019 Mirage from, and he said they have only done one CVT replacement in all the years the Mirage has been on the market in Canada. He said that the Mirage CVT generally doesn't have too many issues when properly maintained and not having the heck driven out of it.
    Define driving the heck out of it though I would of asked lol. I go on alot of road trips and do gig work in my 2014 and its held up fine for now. I've cut most of the side hustle gig work out now though as I feel the cvt can't handle years of stress like that although I bet the manual could easily.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritorb View Post
    I recently spoke to the senior technician at the Mitsubishi dealership where I bought my 2019 Mirage from, and he said they have only done one CVT replacement
    Big dealership? What city/town?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.6 mpg (Imp)