Thanks

Lightbulb Urethane Mirage Stabilizer

What do you think of this?
    Name:  20200911_212442.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  100.4 KB

Its the same used in the pics.

As per the poster, bottom is much tighter with these stabilizers.”

Last edited by mitsumi; 09-11-2020 at 01:34 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Stiffer swaybar end link bushings will sharpen steering response a tiny bit. With soft rubber, the rubber compresses before the swaybar starts working. Poly takes out a lot of that.

It's not a night and day difference.

And, if you've still got the fat rubber bushings on the swaybar mounting to the chassis, you're only getting rid of half of the compliant rubber.

It's not really going to change how the car handles, just how quickly it responds to steering inputs. As a result, ride quality might also seem a little harsher.

Not sure those photos are of a Mirage suspension. Doesn't the Mirage end link attach to a bracket on the strut rather than to the control arm?
    Simplify and add lightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Stiffer swaybar end link bushings will sharpen steering response a tiny bit. With soft rubber, the rubber compresses before the swaybar starts working. Poly takes out a lot of that.

It's not a night and day difference.

And, if you've still got the fat rubber bushings on the sway bar mounting to the chassis, you're only getting rid of half of the compliant rubber.

It's not really going to change how the car handles, just how quickly it responds to steering inputs. As a result, ride quality might also seem a little harsher.

Not sure those photos are of a Mirage suspension. Doesn't the Mirage end link attach to a bracket on the strut rather than to the control arm?
    End link does bolt to the control arm but you're right those aren't late model Mirage control arms.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I must be thinking of the Yaris end link setup. Loooong end links mounted to the middle of the strut body.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    End link does bolt to the control arm but you're right those aren't late model Mirage control arms.
    yes the pics with poly are not from a mirage but what the poster is selling is for the mirage. i think they just included pics for reference.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)