Thread: About as Mint as on Blue 2015 can be

Country
    United States
    Thanks

About as Mint as on Blue 2015 can be

Sold it 10/17/21

So I've decided to offer my Mirage for sale.

$9000 is the price for anyone looking for a pristine 2015 manual DE with 7300 miles. Garage stored and undriven all but 6 months of it's existence, never seen salt. Except for the cracked windshield and a tiny rock chip on the bumper the exterior is mint, interior perfect too (with pushbutton radio). Never yet rotated Enasaves have 8/32 on rear and 6/32 on fronts.

WeatherTech front floor trays, fuel schedule reprogrammed, first revision rear sway bar, mail slot block, and Cruise control parts ready to be programmed in. Both keys and an all metal extra.

It's a good car and all, but two summers on and I can say without a doubt I prefer my Geo Metros. Then once my next daily Metro is done I'd prefer to go electric.

No need to sell but wouldn't mind seeing it go on to a more appreciative home.

Pictures:

Name:  20200703_081146.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  96.9 KB

Last edited by MacClyver; 06-02-2022 at 02:11 PM.

Good luck with the sale. I'm considering an ev for my next car. But that won't be for another 1-15 years.
    I thought your asking price was a little high but after reading Karl's post about searching for a good condition Mirage it's not so bad lol.
    And it looks like Mirages cost more to buy new there. A lot more if you consider the usd to cad.

I just did a build and price for the cheapest Mirage in the US and Canada. I can get a new base Mirage with pdi, tax etc for $13,499 cash, not including greasy dealer add on crap. The Mitsu USA site shows only an msrp of $15,135 and they don't show tax, pdi, freight, and other fees. So basically you can buy a new base model Mirage in Canada for $10,228 USD or buy a new base model mirage in the US for $19,975cad plus tax, pdi, and whatever else they add on. Wowza!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Fummins. Yes the price might be on the high side but it's worth that to me. If a buyer exists out there it'd be worth at least that much to them. Haha sorry, that's just economics.

Note this is a MirageForum special offer. Not going to deal with FB Markets or Craigslist. It's only been driven by 2 experienced manual trans drivers, last thing I want is to give 5 first lessons in how to drive in it and end up not selling an have transmission damage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Have you considered getting a quote from Carvana? It's easy to get a price quite from them and there's no obligation. Their prices for used Mirages are insane...

Name:  carvana.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  77.1 KB

There's a sale pending on almost all of these Mirages!!! Those buyers need their heads examined. But if Carvana can sell them for crazy prices, they might buy them for crazy money, too.

In my opinion... I'd get the windshield fixed and make the car perfect. Carvana will ding you if the car needs a new windshield.

I sold a car to Vroom and it was super easy...and I got within $1,000 of what I would have gotten from a private sale. I would rather light $1,000 on fire than to try dealing with morons looking at my used car. It's even worse with a high dollar performance car. I've sold a couple of those...but never to a private buyer. There's just too much grief involved.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-12-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just plugged my car in at Carvana to see what they would offer. Here's what they're willing to pay for a 2015 ES (top trim level in 2015) 5-speed with 90,000 miles in excellent shape...

Name:  carvana2.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  49.4 KB

...And then they'll list it for $7999 and someone will buy it. So even if they have $1,000 in transportation and "reconditioning" costs, their margin on a used Mirage is 100%. That's not a bad deal if there are people out there willing to pay almost $8,000 for a 5 year old Mirage with 90,000 miles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Carvana. They paid me roughly $11,500 for my 2019 with 4000ish miles. Listed it for $14,999 (more than I paid OTD!!!) and it sold super fast.

I take it back. It still says purchase pending... but there's my car. https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1488869
    Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 09-13-2020 at 02:08 AM.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

I entered my car on Caravan. $5051, converted to Canadian peso's that works out to $600 more than what I paid a year ago. I entered my old truck on there as well and was offered close to what I paid for it 3 years ago lol. Road trip!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I humored you Top Fuel and I almost had the urge to ROFL,
    Name:  111.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  87.3 KB

Lol, no. I've never wanted to buy from them and now never want to sell to them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow...that's crazy! They'll give you $4,009 for your car, and then probably list it for $11,995?!? With a margin like that, I need to be in the Carvana business!

If they are basing their offer prices on KBB valuations (which is what it looks like), how in the heck do they come up with their crazy-ass selling prices for Mirages? And what poor shlep out there is paying $9K for a 5 year old mirage with 90,000+ miles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I caught them on the peak of the used car bubble. It's burst, now. Probably why my old car still hasn't technically sold.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...