Thread: cvt filter replacement

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

cvt filter replacement

i just talked to the local dealer to make an appointment for my 2019 mirage to change the fluid early.
    when i asked about the cvt paper filter being replaced...
    they said they dont change it, never have on any mirage cvt and dont think they could even order one in.
    ( its canada)

is that insane?
    btw the filter change is 200$ and being done at 35000km

should i go someplace else or are these guys just being honest.

(after calling 3 dealers i've been told that NONE change the filter and one dealer told me the transmission is not even required to have to fluid changed to keep the warranty. WTF)

Last edited by nutpantz; 09-23-2020 at 07:49 PM.

They can order one in. I constantly have to argue with the dealertards out here that try and tell me that Mirages don't even have filters in the cvt...After they're done being stupid I ask them to look up our previous purchases if they can't figure out how to look parts properly. The dealer I deal with takes days to weeks to get parts. They just suck in general, at least with the gm dealers I've dealt with they're able to source parts from other dealers in town. Mitsu would rather order from Japan rather than see if one of the other 3 dealers in town have the part. I know cause I called around and found a part local at a different dealer that my nearest one said would take a week or more to get in from Japan
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nutpantz View Post
    i just talked to the local dealer to make an appointment for my 2019 mirage to change the fluid early.
    when i asked about the cvt paper filter being replaced...
    they said they dont change it, never have on any mirage cvt and dont think they could even order one in.
    ( its canada)

is that insane?
    btw the filter change is 200$ and being done at 35000km

should i go someplace else or are these guys just being honest.

(after calling 3 dealers i've been told that NONE change the filter and one dealer told me the transmission is not even required to have to fluid changed to keep the warranty. WTF)
    Just call a Nissan dealership and see if they'll service your cvt. Since so many of their vehicles use the CVT7 they probably have your filter.

Good point^
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nissan and Mitsubishi share many of the same parts (but not all) for the CVT7 transaxle. Except for one small o-ring that I had to purchase from a Mitsu dealership for the metal filter that attaches to the valve body, I bought the Nissan paper filter and now o-ring for the auxiliary oil cooler filter housing for my daughter's 2015 Mirage DE. I also purchased the gasket for the CVT fluid pan from Nissan.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My local mitsubishi said exactly the same thing about the filter (Australia). Never changed one and don't have them in stock. He said they'll only get changed if there is something majorly wrong.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thx1138guy View Post
    Nissan and Mitsubishi share many of the same parts (but not all) for the CVT7 transaxle. Except for one small o-ring that I had to purchase from a Mitsu dealership for the metal filter that attaches to the valve body, I bought the Nissan paper filter and now o-ring for the auxiliary oil cooler filter housing for my daughter's 2015 Mirage DE. I also purchased the gasket for the CVT fluid pan from Nissan.
    Sounds like your going to have your lil girl's Mirage running for a long time because of your diligence with the cvt. That's why I would never recommend buying a used Mirage cvt over 50k miles. If under, one can immediately start the maintenance process like you and I did and feel confident. Fummins, with his fleet, has shown these cars can get high mileage with TLC at least most of them. That 175 to 200k mark though is when one should start being alert though.