Thread: Retailing Used Mirages with CVT's

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Retailing Used Mirages with CVT's

Plan to tackle the CVT fluid change soon. I do admit its annoying to need to complete the service so soon. For fun I researched used Mirages 14-19 models, (100-150 mile radius) researched certified models, and paid attention to Mirages being re-sold at Mitsu franchises. In my search I saw none with CVT services above 30k meaning if I could view the carfax and see all services no flush, no nothing. One had a new trans at 90k.

Will complete the service since the CVT is the weak link.

Don't expect a mom-pop, or non mitsu dealer to care... what I find interesting a Mitsu dealer doesnt complete the service to retail a used Mirage? Even one owners serviced at the dealer from day 1 into higher mileages do not show transmission services.

So when you do your cvt service do you think it's now gonna show up when you do a carfax? I hate to burst a bubble but dealers are in business to make money. How would servicing a car before selling it to make it last longer be good for business. All that would be accomplished is money and time spent on a car you'll never make back. Sad but true..... Ideally a dealer would have the full history of every car they sell. But when a dealer buys a car that's been repo'd 8 times, there is a slim chance that's gonna happen. And who knows maybe the cvt was just serviced recently?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Yeah carfax shows oil changes, brake jobs, etc but no cvt servicing in its records. That's why I would only buy used under 50k miles and get the cvt serviced immediately.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Spoke with dealer about CVT service asked year-mileage -suggested service 50-60k. Inquired what would entail draIn-fill. Asked about filters 90-100k. Asked if any cvts failed under warranty told a handful 14-15 models.

Ill be following our members advice and will drain/fill.