Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annoyed: "Only" 48 mpg today

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I drive the mirage with the mirror flipped to night mode all the time. I hate me some tailgaters. Just yesterday I was passing someone in a civic tailgating a guy pulling a bobcat on an equipment trailer. Some chunk oh baseball sized metal rolled off the trailer, bounced a few times like a tumble weed the nailed the bumper of the civic, then got ran over. I laughed out loud, would have been pissed if it was my car but I'd like to think I don't usually put myself in that kind of stupid situation.
    Even better... Install a light bar on the back of your car wired to a switch... Then when a car tailgates you, flick on the light...haha... No really don't do that! I used to angle my mirrors so that it would shine the light back at them at night and they would back off.

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MacClyver For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-22-2020),MirageRally (09-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    This...l like...lol

Yeah cops would love that. Years ago I had a 40" light bar on the roof of my minivan. One night, some guy in an f150 cut me off so I lit him up. A few seconds later blue and red strobe lights lit up the intersection. It was a cop.....He peeled away in full cop mode and took off after some other idiot I guess. I took the light bar off when I got home.

I usually just assume tailgaters aren't doing it to be dicks, they're just retards and don't know any better. I just deal with it in the Mirage. In the truck if I get annoyed enough I make some stinky black jerk clouds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (09-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I usually just assume tailgaters aren't doing it to be dicks, they're just retards and don't know any better. I just deal with it in the Mirage. In the truck if I get annoyed enough I make some stinky black jerk clouds.
    I just slow down or pull off if l can, but sometimes man...it gets annoying as heck.... Also l love "He pulled away in full cop mode" hahaha lol. True