Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Getting married and hauling 350lbs of booze

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Well wedding went great and now we drove to Savannah GA, gorgeous port town. Took the G4. We got about 38 mpg doing 75 mph. Not bad for cheap non-llr tires and the AC on.
    I'm so happy for you two...YAY! (Starts crying)...haha...l would be the guy who starts crying at a wedding...lol glad the honeymoon went well and also have never been to Savannah.....only South Carolina, where's there's a lot of hurricanes.

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-05-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Savannah looks like a nice place! I'm not sure why but I have always been obsessed with those weeping trees in the south.
    They are called live oaks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    They are called live oaks
    I have an old oak tree in my backyard. English oak. The leaves turn rust-coloured in the fall, and the leaves hang on until practically spring.

I don't get any fancy moss on it. I have seen an albino squirrel once or twice, however.
    Name:  IMG_20180224_130007.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  97.4 KB
    Name:  squirrel 2.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  54.0 KB
    Last edited by dspace9; 10-05-2020 at 02:00 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-05-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Oak trees are pretty cool. Here in the Cleveland area we have the same oaks you have. I'm always surprised at how long they hold their leaves into springtime, especially the past few years.

But the live oaks of Southern states are beautiful too with their Spanish moss. I was always taken by them when I lived in the South.

Both varieties are grand, lovely trees.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-05-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    It was fun to show my wife the town I worked in and lived in while I was in college. I showed her my old hangout spots etc. Back then there was a real scare that all the Oaks were dying from a fungus and all over the south they were dying. Its a rare tree compared to ever greens, pines, etc. As of today I think its stabilized, the oak tree numbers down here. Still though, Savannah is very poor with not alot of opportunities. Its very much a tale of two cities with not much of a middle class, your either struggling working class poor or Savannah high society with a fancy mansion on a park square. Its mostly a tourism economy because the city refuses to let big businesses in besides Gulf Stream and shipping. I thought hard about staying after school but Atlanta, my hometown, had alot more to offer. Its like alot of places, nice to visit but wouldnt want to live there. Now Canada I'd want to visit AND live there lol but I get the "F$ck off, we're full" mentality alot of Canadians are starting to feel. Some Americans act like Canada is their fall back country when things arent going their way, like its the 51st state vs a sovereign nation.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-05-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I'm so happy for you two...YAY! (Starts crying)...haha...l would be the guy who starts crying at a wedding...lol glad the honeymoon went well and also have never been to Savannah.....only South Carolina, where's there's a lot of hurricanes.
    That's sweet man, thank you brother.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-06-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Eggman: oak trees are "grand, lovely trees" - the tree of Zeus.

I had an arborist come by recently, and my tree might have a bore bug. The arborist guy says they have this issue in Michigan the past few years, and the bug just blows over to me, 20 miles away. Anyway, my tree is gonna be pruned this winter. We might look into other treatment options too.

Dirk, you should come to Canada lol. But I have wanted to move to the USA many times over the years myself. I heard from my Michigan relatives yesterday. Sucks we can't just visit each other right now. Things will turn for the better. Sorry if I seem biased lately. This is a crazy situation, and being 1/10 American myself... I get it personally.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Half my DNA is American - or at least it lived there for a while.

Meaning: half my bloodline lived in the colonies in the northeast until the American Revolution, after which they headed north for more British pastures.

Loyal to the crown, they were. (Also: Free land up thataway!)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Hey Mirage family! Big day for me tomorrow I'm getting married after living in sin for 4 years lol. I have almost 350lbs worth of beer and wine in my hatch. The rear springs are compressed as hell but I'm not getting on the highway so I think I'll be fine. I already get good car advise on here from great minds, any marriage advice?
    Congratulations! No advice on marriage as I'm the "World's fastest Bachelor" but as for running booze....my Great uncle Steve (whom I'm named after) used to make moonshine runs into Detroit once in a while in a hot rod Ford....he ran extra stiff springs in the rear, no ****!So that's all the free advice I got...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)