Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting married and hauling 350lbs of booze

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey Dirk congratulations! You've already gotten some golden nuggets of advise, particularly the slow to anger, quick to forgive.

Change in our lives is inevitable. You can get the best education, get a degree, even change that down the road. You can start a career and/or switch to a different path of your own making. But who you decide to marry will be the most important decision in your life. Making it work is no small feat. Here's to many happy days together!

I'll raise a drink to you today, but you'll have to tell us all when to make our toast.
    Thank you Eggman.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Sorry, had a good chuckle at this. Good luck, man!
    Thank you Cobra.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well wedding went great and now we drove to Savannah GA, gorgeous port town. Took the G4. We got about 38 mpg doing 75 mph. Not bad for cheap non-llr tires and the AC on.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-21-2020),Fummins (09-21-2020),inuvik (09-21-2020)

HEY DIRK! CONGRATS!!

Savannah is a gorgeous spot for a honeymoon! I've stopped there twice on migratory road trips to/from God's Waiting Room with a snowbird friend of mine. You could spend a couple of days just walking around the place - so interesting, and the locals are super friendly.

Edit: also, I was ridiculously happy to learn you could get a plastic go-cup of beer from the bar and take it for a stroll along the waterfront with you.

Take a day trip out to Tybee Island too. It's a groovy little beach town - visit the lighthouse and have a picnic on the sand by the ocean!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-22-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    HEY DIRK! CONGRATS!!

Savannah is a gorgeous spot for a honeymoon! I've stopped there twice on migratory road trips to/from God's Waiting Room with a snowbird friend of mine. You could spend a couple of days just walking around the place - so interesting, and the locals are super friendly.

Edit: also, I was ridiculously happy to learn you could get a plastic go-cup of beer from the bar and take it for a stroll along the waterfront with you.

Take a day trip out to Tybee Island too. It's a groovy little beach town - visit the lighthouse and have a picnic on the sand by the ocean!
    Thank you brother. Yes I went to college near Savannah and also worked here for a few years, so I'm acting as a tour guide for my wife as it's her first time here. There are a number of Mitsubishi Mirages I've spotted. Perfect cars for these 18th century streets.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats on getting hitched man. I agree, Savannah is a great place to honeymoon. I used to be stationed 20 miles away from the beach so I went almost every weekend.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats Dirk!! Glad to hear the wedding went great! Never been to Savannah but it's on my list.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    Congrats Dirk!! Glad to hear the wedding went great! Never been to Savannah but it's on my list.
    Thank you! Savannah is your typical quirky southern port town. The beach is nice, alot of history as the town is almost 300 years old, cool parks. Think New Orleans but less violent but also less fun.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Savannah looks like a nice place! I'm not sure why but I have always been obsessed with those weeping trees in the south.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Savannah looks like a nice place! I'm not sure why but I have always been obsessed with those weeping trees in the south.
    They're oak trees with Spanish moss.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-04-2020),MirageRally (10-04-2020)