Thread: Rubber around door window frames

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Rubber around door window frames

Dolores small area of rubber around window frame is starting to seperate rubber all intact, not dry rotted, no damage about the size of a dime. Have to purchase correct adhesive should be good to go

In the wild noticed a few 17 Mirages have similar issue.

On our other 17 see area that could become a problem if ingorged.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My 19' only happens the corner near the mirror.
    Tried Permatex Weatherstrip Adhesive... It was a messy job. Still leaving some gaps...
    Noticed if I close the windows all the way up, it will push rubber inwards and leaving the seal and frame seperated....

Winter is coming... this is actually very annoying...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES Limited 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by DottandDolores View Post
    Dolores small area of rubber around window frame is starting to seperate rubber all intact, not dry rotted, no damage about the size of a dime. Have to purchase correct adhesive should be good to go

In the wild noticed a few 17 Mirages have similar issue.

On our other 17 see area that could become a problem if ingorged.
    I've had a lot of 2017 Mirages with loose window regulator bolts. Most of the time I wasn't told there was a problem until it was raining or snowing and the window is jammed half way open. The bolts loosen then if not fixed soon enough it'll cause the round regulator mount holes to oval out then just tear away from the door.

One half assed way to tell if yours is getting jankey is if the glass rocks back and forth a lot when its rolled down. It should go up straight.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (04-14-2023),Top_Fuel (09-29-2020)