Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Global launch schedule for Mirage / Space Star

Global launch schedule for Mirage / Space Star

When is the 2014 Mirage coming to the US/Canada and elsewhere? Where has it already been launched? This page shows a roll-out schedule / history. (Work in progress.)

If you can add any details for your home market, feel free to chime in.

March:
    Mitsu introduces the "Global Small" concept car -- basis of the new Mirage -- at the Geneva auto show. (New Mirage based on 2011's Global Small concept car (photos))

March: Thailand ("In Thailand we have already received over 45,000 units of orders from customers after launch in March this year." as of Nov. 19/2012 - source)

August: Japan ("As for Japan, we have also launched the Mirage in August and we have received close to 12,000 units of orders from customers with very positive response." as of Nov. 19/2012 - source)

November 16: Philippines ("The new Mirage has had such an appeal that at least 2,500 reservations have already been made from its preview at the 2012 Philippine International Motor Show until the official launch." source)

November 19: Malaysia (source)

December: Indonesia (Mirage 1.2 economy run contest: Bali, Indonesia (video))

January 17: "nameless" Mitsubishi subcompact shown in Canada at Montreal auto show. Sales to begin "in the autumn". (2014 Mitsubishi Mirage 3-cyl North American debut: January 17th, in Montreal)

January: Australian launch (New Mirage here now in Australia.)

February: New Zealand launch (Pricing & some specs for 2014 Mirage in New Zealand. Mid-Feb. 2013 launch.)

February: European launch ("Introduction in Europe is slated for February 2013." - source, Mitsu USA)

February (late): Sri Lankan launch (source)

March 1: At U.K. dealers

March:
    France (source);Hungary (see post #18); Switzerland (see post #20)

Mid-March:
    official U.K. introduction to press/media (source)

March 29:
    debut in the U.S. at the New York auto show

March: Switzerland, Hungary (?)

April 5: Space Star debut in Austria

April 13: German launch

April 18: Belgium, Luxemburg

May: Italy

May: Sweden (see post #19, this thread)

May: Romania

"Fall": availability in the US, Canada (Mirage to debut in US at 2013 New York auto show, on sale in September) - September media drives, according to Mitsubishi Canada.

"Last quarter": Turkey
    Other upcoming and past launch info to come...

(Feel free to post if you have any more info.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    ...A reply from Mitsu UK to someone asking: "When will it be in the showroom?":

The official launch will be in mid March:

http://www.citmagazine.com/article/1...ultiple-events

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to talldino For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-27-2013)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    More introduction news: the dealerships in Austria will start selling the Space Star on April 5th (source: Mitsubishi-motors at) and in Germany the launch-date is rumoured to be April 13/14 (during the Cherry Blossom Festival).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Thanks for digging up that information, talldino!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Mirage launched in Sri Lanka

Source: http://www.cmbtimes.com/2013/02/mits...sri-lanka.html

March: Space Star at the dealerships in France

Source: http://www.caradisiac.com/Essai-Mits...leil-84650.htm

There is nothing about the Space Star on www.mitsubishi-motors.fr, but I have read articles about the car on the sites of several French newspapers/magazines, including the prices.
    Last edited by talldino; 02-28-2013 at 10:25 AM.

You beat me to the Sri Lanka info - I had that one bookmarked.

How many languages do you speak, talldino? Or are you a Google Translate power user?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    When I was a teen-ager (many many years ago...) I went to grammar school. We took lessons in three foreign languages: English, German and French. In 2013 this is considered to be an old-fashioned education, but I still think it is practical to speak the tongue of your large neighbouring countries.

4 languages! Well, I can get by in French (just), and I speak some American too.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So thats 3 languages for you then Metro.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Germany's leading car magazine "Auto Motor und Sport" has finally confirmed it: the Space Star is launched in Germany on April 13th:

Source: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/n...o-6741654.html