Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who has a lift/hoist in their garage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killerrudy View Post
    Is that a GSX or GST I spy in the background?
    It's a 1999 "10th Anniversary" Eclipse GS (2.0 non-turbo automatic...slow). They had an option that year where you got everything to make your GS look like a GS-T. This was my wife's first new car. I sold it last year with 175,000 miles. It looks great in the picture but it needed a timing belt and valve seals. It also had a lot of rust underneath.

Name:  99_eclipse.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  99.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-21-2022),Fummins (01-13-2022),inuvik (01-13-2022)

I got some tracking info the other day, showed the estimated delivery date as today. Thankfully it got delayed another day cause it's almost -30c again today. Tomorrow should be way warmer but we're supposed to get more freezing rain so I don't know which will suck more. Global cooling is fun.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    -30C... jeez-o-pete...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    My hoist is slowly getting closer.....I just got a call from a sales rep at babco asking if I still wanted the one I ordered....Yup...So now I hurry up and wait. I just received an emailed invoice but the eta on it says April. I hope that's just a copy and paste from last year. I will update next year when it shows up.
    It is almost time! Attachment 22736

This thing is supposed to get delivered today. I'm hoping they can back up close enough to my garage that we can weasel it inside. Otherwise I'll be spending the rest of the day trying to move it inch by inch with a 4' pry bar and a floor jack.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-21-2022 at 03:03 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That's exciting, hope the thing goes smoothly for you.

I would love a proper garage at my place. I have the room. But that is where it stops lol.

I look out of my kitchen window to my neighbour's new fancy 2 car garage, and I think, their garage is better than my house!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-24-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Looks like there's not a lot of setup involved once it arrives? Just fill it with hydraulic fluid and plug it in?

Oh snap...just saw the shipping weight on that thing...850 pounds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Looks like there's not a lot of setup involved once it arrives? Just fill it with hydraulic fluid and plug it in?

Oh snap...just saw the shipping weight on that thing...850 pounds.
    Yeah. They’re heavy, portable but not really. I think I’ll have to bolt the arms on, fill it up and plug it in. Then blow the breaker cause I don’t have a 20Amp circuit in the garage! Im really putting the cart before the horse here. The floor is kinda questionable too but it’s probably fine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (01-21-2022)

I got this thing put together kinda. There’s one fitting that’s leaking where the hose threads onto a quick connector. At the power pack. I used the supplied Chinese thread sealant so I’m hoping some thread tape or better sealant with fix that. Otherwise all seems good. The trucker who delivered it was great and pushed it right off the trailer into the garage right where I wanted it. He said I got lucky, the last time he delivered a hoist the crate was in three pieces and the customer was pretty pissed!

There wasn’t much assembly, just had to throw a few bolts on the power pack “cart” and the dolly used to move it around. Some lifts have the hydraulic pack on the dolly, this one has two separate pieces. It came with fancy quick couplers so you can move the hydraulic pack out of the way when it’s not used. Moving it around wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it’d be. Lifting it is easy but pushing can be a bit harder. I watched videos where guys are dangling off the handles Trying to move their other brand lifts around. Maybe the leverage is designed differently?

I tried driving the car on with the lift pads on the arms. It was close but they hit the subframe. I just threw a few boards down and drove on them. I got the car up fine but was parked WAY to far back for my liking. But it’s fine, I was in a rush to try it out and didn’t really car with such a light car.

Now I gotta throw out a bunch more crap I somehow ended up hoarding over the last 6 months so I can have more room for activities again.
    Attachment 22741Attachment 22742

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (01-22-2022),craigq (01-22-2022),klroger (01-22-2022),Top_Fuel (01-21-2022)