Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many Mirages have gone over 200k?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

How many Mirages have gone over 200k?

Since mitsubishi makes good reliable vehicles, wanted to know the statistics of Mirages going over 200k.

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-26-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Since mitsubishi makes good reliable vehicles, wanted to know the statistics of Mirages going over 200k.
    I saw a 2015 Mirage on auto trader the other day that had 284,000 km's and was a CVT. From the pictures anyway the Mirage looked to be in good shape. The car was for sale at a Mitsu dealer. Must've been a trade in. I can't find it this morning to share the link, so I can't show the example. Must've sold. Anyway, I think these cars can do 300,000 no problem.

Seinfeld's coffee with celebrities show on netflix, on the Martin Short episode, talked about a 4.5 million km Mercedes diesel with a 4 speed manual... a taxi in Rome got that many KMs and was still going strong.

Take a look at this car, Fiat Barchetta:

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/Fiat/Bar...MaAuNlEALw_wcB

Name:  fiat B.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  94.2 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I saw a 2015 Mirage on auto trader the other day that had 284,000 km's and was a CVT. From the pictures anyway the Mirage looked to be in good shape. The car was for sale at a Mitsu dealer. Must've been a trade in. I can't find it this morning to share the link, so I can't show the example. Must've sold. Anyway, I think these cars can do 300,000 no problem.

Seinfeld's coffee with celebrities show on netflix, on the Martin Short episode, talked about a 4.5 million km Mercedes diesel with a 4 speed manual... a taxi in Rome got that many KMs and was still going strong.

Take a look at this car, Fiat Barchetta:

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/Fiat/Bar...MaAuNlEALw_wcB

Name:  fiat B.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  94.2 KB

I love it! An Italian Mazda Miata plus old school... Not a lot of stuff to break.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-26-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ya eh good way of putting it. I feel like this Fiat is even better than a Miata. You just won't see another one around.

I just bought a new furnace and AC today, but honestly I have been really keeping an eye on the modern classic car market as well. This car looks to be in good shape, except there is some oil streak going on in the drivers door. Not sure what that is.

And did you notice the Ferrari 360 (I think) in the showroom? Italian cars are my thing for some reason. Once things get back to normal I'm doing the Ferrari experience. Ticket is on my fridge. Just waiting...

Edit sorry friend, just wanted to say I feel like the sides looks like that BMW roadster they use to make

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ya eh good way of putting it. I feel like this Fiat is even better than a Miata. You just won't see another one around.

I just bought a new furnace and AC today, but honestly I have been really keeping an eye on the modern classic car market as well. This car looks to be in good shape, except there is some oil streak going on in the drivers door. Not sure what that is.

And did you notice the Ferrari 360 (I think) in the showroom? Italian cars are my thing for some reason. Once things get back to normal I'm doing the Ferrari experience. Ticket is on my fridge. Just waiting...

Edit sorry friend, just wanted to say I feel like the sides looks like that BMW roadster they use to make
    Yeah they do, definitely do that race after this pandemic is over! I feel like Italian cars have just a good balance of power prestige and overall driver connected feel that a lot of these newer cars can't replicate anymore. It still blows my mind that Lamborghini makes an SUV now....like what? "Let me take my kids to soccer practice in this humongous overpowered SUV" lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

I have a friend who bought a slightly used, low mileage Fiat 124 Spider a little over a year ago. He's already had some engine issues where the car needed to be hauled to a Fiat dealership for expensive repairs. When he first showed me the car, my first thought was why in the world would buy this when you can get a super dependable Miata for less money. Plus, the car has an automatic transmission. Boring!

If I were to buy a two seater, the Miata & Honda S2000 would be the only ones that I would consider. They would have to be manuals. I would want to drive them, not work on them!
    Last edited by Mark; 09-26-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

If I were to buy a two seater, the Miata & Honda S2000 would be the only ones that I would consider. They would have to be manuals. I would want to drive them, not work on them!
    That is terrible luck. But the thing is Mark, I thought the newest 124, and the Miata, were the same car? Pretty sure they are the same car.

MirageRally: I think Rolls Royce makes an SUV now too lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is terrible luck. But the thing is Mark, I thought the newest 124, and the Miata, were the same car? Pretty sure they are the same car.

MirageRally: I think Rolls Royce makes an SUV now too lol
    Oh yeah, the cullinan! What is the world coming too! Haha

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yep, I did some googling, and those Cullinan's cost over $400,000 Canadian. How do you say that? Sounds like the Culligan man lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (09-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep, I did some googling, and those Cullinan's cost over $400,000 Canadian. How do you say that? Sounds like the Culligan man lol.
    You know how many Mirages l could buy my friend? Haha a lot! And if one broke l take parts off the others to fix mine lol.