Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many Mirages have gone over 200k?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    That is terrible luck. But the thing is Mark, I thought the newest 124, and the Miata, were the same car? Pretty sure they are the same car.

MirageRally: I think Rolls Royce makes an SUV now too lol
    Don't share the same powertrains -

"The 2019 MX-5 Miata is now powered by a naturally-aspirated 2.0L four-cylinder that generates 181 horsepower and 151 lb-ft. ... The Fiat 124 Spider Abarth is powered by a turbocharged 1.4L four-cylinder with 164 horsepower and 184 lb-ft., while the non-Abarth version generates 160 horsepower." Feb 14, 2019

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Since mitsubishi makes good reliable vehicles, wanted to know the statistics of Mirages going over 200k.
    There are probably at least 4 work mirages with over 200,000 miles on them. There maybe way more getting close to that too.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (09-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    There are probably at least 4 work mirages with over 200,000 miles on them. There maybe way more getting close to that too.
    Thanks fummins l also adjusted my seat farther back so I'm not so quick on the throttle or clutch. (I was too close and kept peeling the tires lol)
    Last edited by MirageRally; 09-26-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Don't share the same powertrains -

"The 2019 MX-5 Miata is now powered by a naturally-aspirated 2.0L four-cylinder that generates 181 horsepower and 151 lb-ft. ... The Fiat 124 Spider Abarth is powered by a turbocharged 1.4L four-cylinder with 164 horsepower and 184 lb-ft., while the non-Abarth version generates 160 horsepower." Feb 14, 2019
    That is the same 1.4L that is in the Fiat 500x I was looking at recently. I think it's the engine that's in the newest iteration Dodge Dart's, too. So it's good to know how bad reliability your friend's has been. I don't want to take one bad apple to spoil the bushel. But still good to know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (09-26-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Thanks fummins l also adjusted my seat farther back so I'm not so quick on the throttle or clutch. (I was too close and kept peeling the tires lol)
    You got a manual, that's more likely to hit 250k miles with maybe one clutch replacement, which is cheaper than a new cvt lol. I think cvt owners need to temper their expectations and be happy if they get over 175k. I mean its not a Fit or an original Yaris. I'm praying for 200k and doing my best in preventative maintenance but also know I'm rolling the dice with a JATCO CVT7.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (10-02-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have always found my Mirage to be kinda touchy from a dead stop. As in squeals the tires really easy, and totally accidentally. I feel embarrassed when it happens to be honest. And I want to save my tires, as I find my Mirage has gone through tires faster than average cars.

Also I wanted to mention that don't listen to criticism about your car. Mitsubishi is a high quality brand. And the critics are pig headed. It's like the dumb mentality that makes people put Under Armor above Nike. It's stupid corporate propaganda as far as I am concerned, and all the rich CEOs are laughing all the way to the bank, with how much people can be like sheep with brands.

That said, quality is a form of thrift, so you should buy high quality so you can drive for the long haul. Like going with a Lennox or a Carrier furnace. So don't listen to what other people say. If you take care of your car, your car will take care of you. And Mitsubishi is a premium brand, so don't listen to the bologna.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (09-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have always found my Mirage to be kinda touchy from a dead stop. As in squeals the tires really easy, and totally accidentally. I feel embarrassed when it happens to be honest. And I want to save my tires, as I find my Mirage has gone through tires faster than average cars.

Also I wanted to mention that don't listen to criticism about your car. Mitsubishi is a high quality brand. And the critics are pig headed. It's like the dumb mentality that makes people put Under Armor above Nike. It's stupid corporate propaganda as far as I am concerned, and all the rich CEOs are laughing all the way to the bank, with how much people can be like sheep with brands.

That said, quality is a form of thrift, so you should buy high quality so you can drive for the long haul. Like going with a Lennox or a Carrier furnace. So don't listen to what other people say. If you take care of your car, your car will take care of you. And Mitsubishi is a premium brand, so don't listen to the bologna.
    Thanks Dspace9 I will do as you say my friend, and l honestly like it when I peel the tires....traction and stability control lights blip like crazy when I'm peeling away in first gear LOL. Basically the car is saying "I can't get traction, hold on! Slow down!" Haha
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-27-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks Dspace9 I will do as you say my friend, and l honestly like it when I peel the tires....traction and stability control lights blip like crazy when I'm peeling away in first gear LOL. Basically the car is saying "I can't get traction, hold on! Slow down!" Haha
    I haven't had the traction control light thing go off in the summer. But goes off in the winter all the time, the dash light with the swerving tiremarks.. not my favourite to see!

The Mirage goes off the line pretty good actually. Where the Mirage could use more power is in passing power on the freeway. The thing is I use my Mirage as a commuter car. I'm not in sales where I am on the road, and want something similar to a Buick Regal sportback to feel comfortable in that way.

My Mirage is my little commuter car that gets 40 MPG. I fill my car up about every 2 weeks, so it shows I don't drive that much. I'm at 139,000 km's on my car, and I can see myself going double or even triple that number with just basic maintenance. Unless something goes way wrong, but I don't see that happening really.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I saw a 2015 Mirage on auto trader the other day that had 284,000 km's and was a CVT. From the pictures anyway the Mirage looked to be in good shape. The car was for sale at a Mitsu dealer. Must've been a trade in. I can't find it this morning to share the link, so I can't show the example. Must've sold. Anyway, I think these cars can do 300,000 no problem.

Seinfeld's coffee with celebrities show on netflix, on the Martin Short episode, talked about a 4.5 million km Mercedes diesel with a 4 speed manual... a taxi in Rome got that many KMs and was still going strong.

Take a look at this car, Fiat Barchetta:

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/Fiat/Bar...MaAuNlEALw_wcB

Attachment 19307
    If no one else is going to say it, I will: shouldn't that Barchetta be Red? With every added sensor and talk of self-driving cars, that song becomes more prescient every day. Well on our way to the "Motor Law".

Since mitsubishi makes good reliable vehicles, wanted to know the statistics of Mirages going over 200k.
    Related thread:

Thread: How many miles/kilometers on your Mirage/Space Star so far? (PLUS! Leaderboard)

Probably the leaderboard needs to be updated...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)