Thread: $$ off MSRP- Favorite color and why.. CURIOUS :))

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

$$ off MSRP- Favorite color and why.. CURIOUS :))

I've heard some crazy amounts off MSRP, what's realistic? Also, what's your fav color? Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    The Mirage was introduced to North America in 2013 as the 2014 model year. This was followed by the 2015 model year. Sales were slow. Mitsubishi updated the exterior for the 2017 model year, skipping the 2016 model year. 2017s hit our shores in March of 2016, where big factory discounts were offered - $4,000. It's how I got mine.

Mitsubishi hasn't offered such a large discount since. But some dealers have better & more honest pricing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I sat on this, did a lot of research, and watched others reports for about a 6 month period earlier this year. Listed pricing is somewhat beholden to local laws regarding how much the dealership can charge in "processing fees," so let's consider the price of the car as the listed price, plus those fees. This is before tax and registration, and in USD.

Good rule of thumb:
    - $12K - Standard pricing
    - $10K - Good deal

Best pricing seems to have historically occurred over the summer months (when I got mine as well). Lowest I've seen is ~$8K new.

Best of luck!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can answer the second question: Silver...l blend in more with traffic
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It really depends on what offers your Mitsu dealer is giving you too. I'll have to look again for the papers but I got the last 2015, in manual trans, Mirage from my Mitsu dealer.

From what I can remember, originally, it was being sold for $13,500. Then, they shot it down to 10,500 (since it was on the lot for maybe 5-6 months. And then they also had a 'dealer discount' which brought the car down to 9800. Then, I got close to $1500 off in special offers. Brought the car down to $8300. After everything (title, tax, plates), it was $8900 off the lot. It only had 50 miles on it. This was back in 2016

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I've heard some crazy amounts off MSRP, what's realistic? Also, what's your fav color? Thanks
    It's really hard to compare the past to the present.

A 2017 Mirage ES is not going to have a backup camera (added 2018), Bluetooth (added 2018), cruise control (added 2019), 6-way adjustable driver's seat (added 2019), or automatic climate controls (added 2020).

Yet, a 2017 SE or GT is not all that different than a 2020 SE or GT. Nothing has really changed since 2017 other than some existing features in other trim levels were added to the base trim level & LE Mirages.

In general, I think a Mirage becomes a deal when the price drops under 70% window sticker. That's provided other silly charges are being added to the deal. A place like White Bear will estimate about $1,000 to push a Mirage OTD. That's using Minnesota sales tax. Wisconsin sales tax is a bit less.

I paid 65.4% window sticker for my brand new 2017 Mirage. Using Wisconsin sales tax, $854.70 was added to push my Mirage out the dealership's door. If I had qualified for the loyalty, military, & VIP rebates being offered at the time, I would have paid 54.8% window sticker. I never visited the dealership or negotiated this deal. I went where the deal was being offered freely (via email & phone calls). My paperwork for my Mirage was done with a salesman @ my kitchen table (which was a 4-hour drive from his dealership). The dealership took the risk delivering my car. If they hadn't delivered as promised, the car would have gone back with them. I would have been out nothing.

A 2020 Mirage ES has more features. Even if the price was dropping below 70% window sticker, I would expect to pay more for one today.

As far as color goes, that's a person choice. I don't mind any of the colors. Black would be my last choice. Black looks the sharp when clean, but keeping a black car clean is hard. I have the gray, & I like the silver. In hindsight however, I would have bought one of the bright colors. Being seen may be more important with a small car, & I would give that some consideration.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-02-2020 at 05:17 AM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I can answer the second question: Silver...l blend in more with traffic
    What about kiwi green? Easier to see me in bad driving conditions, easy to find in a big parking lot, hides dirt real good, and usually comes with a cheaper price used.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-02-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wanted a kiwi green one but couldn't find one that wasn't destroyed.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...