Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Passenger Airbag light ON

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Are you talking about the one on the roof that's probably always on to tell you that you're alone? Or do you mean the one on the dash that means there is a problems with the airbag system in the car?
    I didn't even think of that light indicator on the roof. I assumed it was the dash light.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

fc321 (10-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    Do you have a light there which is on when the passenger chair is empty? I have a light there which is on when I manually disable the passenger airbag using the switch next to the door.
    Attachment 19386
    That is, I expect it to behave like that, I never touched that switch.
    Yeah, on the ceiling there is a little indicator. I never even notice it.

I've never seen an airbag kill switch in a car before. I've only seen that in trucks with small or no back seats before. My old 02 dodge quad cab had that right on the dash. If your passenger pissed you off you could pull the key out and turn their airbag off. While driving.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

fc321 (10-03-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Hi,

On my 2015 Mirage DE with 21k miles I had a passenger today and after she left the passenger airbag light stays Lit and it wont turn off.

I looked underneath to see if any plugs were disconnected and everything looks like it is connected fine. My Mom had tried inserting the seat belt the wrong way several times. Im not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I took it to AutoZone to scan for computer codes but there is no codes because the check engine light is not on. Anything else i can try? I would hate to take it to Dealer even though it is still under warranty because I am paranoid that they will sabotage something. I know, call me crazy but i had a bad experience at Ford dealership and now I am snake-bitten.

Im really p1ssed off about this. I specifically bought a car that would not have complex electronics and sensors because of this kind of thing. Frigging 21k miles and I have this problem.

I installed an aftermarket head unit and the amplifier is under the passenger seat so I am scared to death that the Dealer will try to charge me or say that the warranty repair is void. But it was over a year ago that the stereo was installed
    Man you live in no rust, flat Miami with hardly any miles on your whip, plus it sounds like you take good care of your ride. Your fine bro, you'll have that car for years. As far as your roof, how bad of a leak are we talking? I had minor leaks in my old condo for years, its an issue but it can take a long time to do any real damage. If it needs to be fixed now you can finance home repair I believe?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

fc321 (10-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I have a light there which is on when I manually disable the passenger airbag using the switch next to the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've never seen an airbag kill switch in a car before.
    What are the odds that every Mirage has wiring in place for this switch?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

fc321 (10-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What are the odds that every Mirage has wiring in place for this switch?
    You never know? I know on 05ish superduty ford trucks only the regular and supercabs had the switch and crewcabs didn't. But the crewcabs had the wiring already there and the plug was just plugged into the back of the dash bezel. I plugged in a switch on a truck I was rebuilding(cab fire) used the bezel and switches from a supercab and everything plugged in and worked as it should.

It seems there are a lot of differences in these cars for different markets though. Like ours has the switch for rear fog lights and I can activate them but I don't know if the wiring is there at the back of the car?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

fc321 (10-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Its on the instrument cluster to the right of the speedometer. It is a red light with a picture of a stickfigure and an airbag
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you have a light there which is on when the passenger chair is empty? I have a light there which is on when I manually disable the passenger airbag using the switch next to the door.
    Attachment 19386
    I dont have that switch at all on my car. I have the DE model in USA

----------------------

The roof leak in my house is pretty bad its making the ceiling cave in
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    The roof leak in my house is pretty bad its making the ceiling cave in
    That stinks.

No one here will hold it against you if you prioritize your roof repair over your airbag repair.

Still, get it checked.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

fc321 (10-03-2020)

Its on the instrument cluster to the right of the speedometer. It is a red light with a picture of a stickfigure and an airbag
    Okay, that's not the passenger airbag light then. Maybe the passenger had a wet fart and soaked the passenger presence sensor? Guessing and complaining about it won't fix it and it won't go away on it's own. Can't disconnect the battery and wish it away either. I'd call around to independent shops and ask if they are able to scan airbag codes. I'd really be suprised if any can't. Unless they're used to working on Yugos, Ladas or Citroën's. Or as mentioned previously body shops should have the same scan tools.

I'd worry about your house first. If it's that bad why not go through insurance? Or is it caused by repairs that should have been done ages ago? Either way that sucks. I discovered some water damage in my basement the other week and don't know when or exactly how it got there. Not to the point of the ceiling caving in though.
    Mirage videos:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

fc321 (10-03-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Hate to hear about it caving in. My issues were mostly related to combating black mold and having an air purifier in each room.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

fc321 (10-03-2020)